Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 8:35:19 AM EDT
Had the pleasure of meeting up with a few ARF.COMMERS at the Bullet Hole in Belleville NJ this past Friday. While packing up the Range Officer tells us that on March10/11 reps from S&W will be at the shop all day Friday & Saturday (Sat FREE BBQ) and customers will be able to shoot SW pistols for $5 / cup of ammo.   (No S&W .500 though - I asked   )

Heads up for anyone wanting to run one of these guns.  I'm going just to bitch about S&W
dropping the 10mm line - all of it!!     including the 610 - those bastards!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
hopefully the cups won't be the side of shot glasses....

:)

Cain
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you bring your own cup?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking of safing a gun at Bullet Hole so I can shoot my S&W 38 after leaving classes at NJIT (and avoiding the commute back and forth thru newark and the parkway to get it from home), do they let you safe up a gun AND ammo (like in a army ammo can?).
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you bring your own cup?

Hehe, I'm right behind you.

Hmm, I may go on Saturday, should have some free time.

EdB, how do you like that place?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[EdB, how do you like that place?

^_^_^

First time there-
Beggars can't be choosers, first the hoboken range sold out. Then Paterson went tits up - this
is the next closest range. Aside from that it is nice - small but  nicer & cleaner than the Hoboken range ever was. I didn't really peruse the merchandise but they seemed to have a decent selection of  arms. S&W of course, good number of sigs, glocks, some SA 1911s some EBRs
-thats all I can remember. I tried to keep a low profile (read: no rapid fire) but occasionally
someone (zbrane!) would go off a bit but no flak from the "RO" so I was generally pleased.
Oh and bright / very well lit range which was cool-
Ed

EDIT:
I guess y'all can try the big-ass mug thing - worth a shot - no pun intended
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
When I use to live up in Chatham I went to the bullet hole a few times.  Even though it was a small place the range was great.  Well lighted and excellent ventilation.  You could watch the cloud of smoke dissipate in front of you and very little if any would make it to your face.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
i heard the bud light girls are going to be there along with a bud light truck, if you guys are going to bring those cups for the beer, test fire the s&w's first then fill up! lol!( yes the ammo cups are shot glass sized)
i go there every saturday an sometimes sunday, once the range officers get to know ya and you dont shoot holes in the roof and there isnt a full house, they tend to ignore rapid fire. also,the owners are completely black rifle friendly. good folks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
black rifle friendlyhr

So I could take my bushmaster to range .223 or .308?  Fragible ammo only?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
black rifle friendly. good folks.

So I could take my bushmaster to range .223 or .308?  Fragible ammo only?

NOooooo ! sorry, i sometimes forget people cant read my mind. some of the gunshops that i've been to only have like one or two scary ar's and kinda frown upon them like one time i had asked about the "krebs" rifle in a shop and the guy blew his wig! the bullet hole loves the black rifle
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[EdB, how do you like that place?

^_^_^

First time there-
Beggars can't be choosers, first the hoboken range sold out. Then Paterson went tits up - this
is the next closest range. Aside from that it is nice - small but  nicer & cleaner than the Hoboken range ever was. I didn't really peruse the merchandise but they seemed to have a decent selection of  arms. S&W of course, good number of sigs, glocks, some SA 1911s some EBRs
-thats all I can remember. I tried to keep a low profile (read: no rapid fire) but occasionally
someone (zbrane!) would go off a bit but no flak from the "RO" so I was generally pleased.
Oh and bright / very well lit range which was cool-
Ed

EDIT:
I guess y'all can try the big-ass mug thing - worth a shot - no pun intended

They think a 50 cal ammo can holds a ton of ammo, wait till they try and fill this.

I'm taking a safety course here in a week or two. Hopefully this place stands up to there reputation, it would be great to have a place close by to frequent. From all the positive feedback people have posted it seems to be a great place to plink.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I can also recomend the Bullet Hole. Been going there for years. Bought 2 of my guns there too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I shoot at the Bullet Hole often, the next closest range is twice as far (Ray's).

I have two problems with the Bullet Hole.
1)  FFL transfer are expensive.  I think they want $60/gun.  ouch.  that's before the $15 NICS fee.
2)  small retail space, so it's really difficult to see the merchandise.

Other than that, it's not a bad little shop.  I might try to head out there this Saturday for the S&W demo, that sounds very interesting.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 on what gendaito said.

The last time I went there they charged me 50 buck and 15 bucks (NICS) for my transfer.
Went there recently to inquire about another transfer and they said they were going to charge me the above and tax on the pistol
They have an assortment of guns but not enough display space so most of the displays are filled up with boxes and you cant get a good look at the pistols.
The range is where the Bullet Hole shines. Its clean, good ventilation, excellent lighting and the safety personnel are easy going fellows. They dont allow shooting of rifles (last I checked).  Up in this area it seems like shooting ranges are a dying breed. Hoboken and Paterson gone. Northeast quadrant of New Jersey is not a pro gun area, primarily democratic and extremely liberal. Trying to open a new range or pistol shop is almost impossible. Depite the fees I stated above and the displays I still go there to shoot. Its either there or my basement.

Smith and wesson coming... Hmmm. Ive been wanting to get my hands on there new .45
cant wait.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmmmm, basement I'll have to look into that........ Iwas hoping for the .500 but apparently
not allowed on the range - and the RO said its not thier choice?!!? I guess there are regs
governing 50 cal ???
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Was there about noon. I shot the new MP in 40 cal, the gunsite .45 and both Doug Koenik .45s.
The 45s were sweeet... The S&W reps were friendly but they dont give much ammo in those cups. The gunsite 45 with its commander size slide would make an excellent carry pistol. The doug koenik .45s were crazy accurate. They were making me look good out on the line.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree... I got there around 12:30 and had a good time...brought 2 buddies with me and they enjoyd everything from the food to the Smith & Wesson demos...I shot the M&P and liked it alot...now is the dilema of making the decision for buying the new M&P or a Glock...what to do...what to do???? who knows  lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I went today.  Very busy, as usual.  The BBQ was tasty.  The guns were better.
I tried the Doug Koenig 1911s in 45ACP and 38super.  The 38super one was AMAZING.  Don't know if it's ~$1800 amazing, but still pretty amazing.  I also tried the Gunsite 1911 commander, not bad.  And shot a Model 60 to get some revo trigger time in.

the best $20 I've ever spent.  man that 38super was nice....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I  was there at BH... friendly S&W people... offered me to try some but can't deal with the line. Yup
black rifles and black Sigs make me feel at home.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#19]
shot the doug k 38 super, loved it, think i need one of those. shot the m&p, hated it the trigger sucks. shot the 460 with 45 long colt ammo, think i need one of those with the 10 inch barrel. shot the 945, already have one and it a great gun. shot the 41. magnum, shoots strait, a little kick and big boom, think i need one of those. stuffed down some bbq, it was a great day! the owner manny, figured it was probably not a good idea to have the bud truck there, to bad the bud lite chicks wernt there either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top