Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:09:02 AM EDT
Hey for anyone interested, there is a small show this weekend at the Knights of Columbus hall in Cheektowaga, Union near William.

Its a small show, but you might find something, I have quite a few 30 rounders, plus some good modern gear...I know my buddy Mike Hammond has a nice AR, Bushie lower, Colt upper with a free float tube...I helped him build it last weekend, we took it out and fired it, very accurate, shoots nice...so there will be some black rifle stuff.

Between Hammond and another guy, there will be a decent selection of milsurps and military stuff.

Machts nichts to me, but figured if any of you guys are bored Saturday or Sunday, you might want to shoot out...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:59:48 AM EDT
Is Angola gonna be there? I will go just to bust his balls

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:46:48 AM EDT
Is that Hammond from Hammond Collectibles (that's what the receipt has stamped on the top)
If so he's a good guy to deal with, I've bought at least 2 guns from him that I can remember off the top of my head, and he had a very reasonably priced PTR91 (his price on a new one was what I've seen used ones sell for) at Rochester a while back but I didn't know it was a good deal until I got home as I knew nothing about PTR91s at the time
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:27:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sharky30:
Is that Hammond from Hammond Collectibles (that's what the receipt has stamped on the top)
If so he's a good guy to deal with, I've bought at least 2 guns from him that I can remember off the top of my head, and he had a very reasonably priced PTR91 (his price on a new one was what I've seen used ones sell for) at Rochester a while back but I didn't know it was a good deal until I got home as I knew nothing about PTR91s at the time

Yep, thats the guy...I've been friends with him for probably 10 to 12 years...great guy, and he always treats me right. I got my PTR from him...as well, just a couple of weeks ago I picked up a really nice PSL Romanian sniper, with a black finished 6x42 scope (they usually have a 4x24) cheek piece, three mags and all the accesories for $750 out the door....

We do a lot of shooting up at his place too...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:29:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lockedandloaded:
Is Angola gonna be there? I will go just to bust his balls

No, Dan isn't setting up...he said he wasn't doing any summer shows. I was just down there last week, he picked up some M1 carbines...a little rough, but with some TLC, there were a few that could be really nice guns....
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:42:27 AM EDT
Hey Pzjgr, did you see or do you have any bulk lots of Cylalume glow-sticks? Not infrared, just plain old vanilla green and yellow? If you check this message today and saw some, give me a shout. I dont want to pay the door fee just to buy these, maybe you could grab them. Lemme know.

Also, a buddy called and said there is a Model B Uzi, like new in box there, for around $1100. See if you know the guy and whats his bottom dollar.

later
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:31:18 PM EDT
Hey Locked....sorry, no joy on the cyalume's, I didn't see any there either, its not a very big show...probably will have to wait until September for the big shows for that sort of thing...

My other buddy Mike had the Uzi...it went today for $1000. It didn't stick around long! You know Angola has one in his shop if your still looking....

Show wasn't bad for a summer show, I sold three guns from my collection and a bunch of other stuff...picked up some nice in the bu US military ammo too, and a couple of other decent pieces...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:09:05 AM EDT
Who is Angola and where is his shop? Im in the market for an Uzi
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:26:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tyranid:

possibly
angolaarmory.com/
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:16:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 11:16:57 AM EDT by pzjgr]

Originally Posted By tyranid:

Thats him, give him a call...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:40:13 AM EDT
Just stopped in to this forum for the first time, and what do I see but a gun show being held in my long-ago hometown! I'm a Maryvale High School grad, Class of 1970. Looooooong time ago!

Stay safe guys, and the next time I get up there maybe a trip to Duff's for some wings (alright Sharky30, I'm convinced!) will be in order for an ARFCOM get-together?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:23:17 PM EDT
Screw that, just invite us all down there for a shootout with full auto and some real Texas BBQ
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:09:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:18:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By geegee:
Just stopped in to this forum for the first time, and what do I see but a gun show being held in my long-ago hometown! I'm a Maryvale High School grad, Class of 1970. Looooooong time ago!

Stay safe guys, and the next time I get up there maybe a trip to Duff's for some wings (alright Sharky30, I'm convinced!) will be in order for an ARFCOM get-together?

Duff's rules. Not that the anchor bar is bad, but more thana few people I've talked to prefer Duffs. Even my one friend who lived diagonally down the street from , and worked at, the Anchor Bar for a while
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:17:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:33:13 PM EDT

Screw that, just invite us all down there for a shootout with full auto and some real Texas BBQ

It's not as though we've tried to keep Gunstock a secret!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:06:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Hmmm. I will be in Cheektowaga this week. Missed it by a weekend.

Hey Gunrunner, if you have some downtime on Wednesday morning, give me a IM and maybe we can go bust some caps. My shooting range isnt far from CheektoVegas.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:40:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:48:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By geegee:

Duff's rules. Not that the anchor bar is bad, but more thana few people I've talked to prefer Duffs. Even my one friend who lived diagonally down the street from , and worked at, the Anchor Bar for a while

Sharky's right...Duffs is the best in my book, way better than the Anchor Bar...safer neighborhood too

Next time your home, do post, we should have a get together....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:41:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:05:06 PM EDT

I am actually going to...Tonowanda

I thought Wa had screwy city names

Blame it on the indians!

Where is this Duff's place? Tha anchor bar isn't in that bad a part of town. Is Duff's the other place I hear about that claims they invented the chicken wing?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:23:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By N_Viejo:

I am actually going to...Tonowanda

I thought Wa had screwy city names

Blame it on the indians!

Where is this Duff's place? Tha anchor bar isn't in that bad a part of town. Is Duff's the other place I hear about that claims they invented the chicken wing?

I should have never barged in on this thread. I seldom get homesick for Buffalo, but all this talk of wings......
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:46:03 PM EDT
Duffs is on Sheridan drive, in Amherst. I think at the intersection with Millersport. It's about a mile or two from my apartment (another reason I prefer going there).
Tonawanda isn't much of a drive from there. Probably 10-15 minutes depending on exactly where in Tonawanda and if it is the "city of" or "town of"
I don't think they claim to have invented wings, but who knows.

Anchor Bar isn't really in all that bad of an area, looks worse than it is. As I said, my friend lived right there, less than a block down the road. I walked around out side there once or twice at night even though I had left my pistol at home, although I do wish I had had it at the time just on general principle, but nothing happened.

Hmm, I'm thinking a WNY arfcom wing get together is in order
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 8:58:09 PM EDT by geegee]

Duffs is on Sheridan drive, in Amherst. I think at the intersection with Millersport. It's about a mile or two from my apartment (another reason I prefer going there).
Tonawanda isn't much of a drive from there. Probably 10-15 minutes depending on exactly where in Tonawanda and if it is the "city of" or "town of"
I don't think they claim to have invented wings, but who knows.

Anchor Bar isn't really in all that bad of an area, looks worse than it is. As I said, my friend lived right there, less than a block down the road. I walked around out side there once or twice at night even though I had left my pistol at home, although I do wish I had had it at the time just on general principle, but nothing happened.

Hmm, I'm thinking a WNY arfcom wing get together is in order

You're killin' me!

Any of you guys old enough to remember wings at Sestak & McGuires, which then became just Sestak's? While I'm at it, a look at my Number One Hero, as a kid growing up: Tom Sestak
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:27:59 AM EDT
Where was that wing joint located?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:31:36 AM EDT
I don't remember it, but I've only been in buffalo for 5 or 6 years
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:04:42 PM EDT

Where was that wing joint located?

If you mean Sestak's, it was on Cleveland Drive, near Harlem.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:13:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:08:55 AM EDT

I overate at Duffs tonight.

Then right about now, you should be shitting blood.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:04:17 AM EDT
Top Top