Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 5:01:07 AM EDT

I know some of you here are experts, so I wanted to ask - if you are waking up many a morning with tense chest pains, is this akin to sleep apnea?  My father has it and must sleep on a C-pap machine, and my wife has told me that she has to hit me in the middle of the night sometimes to start me breathing again, so I'm getting a little worried.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure but my wife tells me the same thing. I go to the Doc on the 30th. I was told by my ENT that a good amount of heart attacks in your sleep are caused by it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have high blood pressure?  Most people's blood pressure is at it's highest in the early mornings.  If you already have high blood pressure, that in combination with sleep apnea might explain the morning chest pains.  Just a guess.  I'm not a doctor.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The actual cause of this, which goes undiagnosed by some MD's, is heavy metal toxicity combined with solvents and lubricants which act as carrier molecules to transport the metals through skin and mucous membranes.

Fortunately, I am here to help.

IM me, and I'll give you an appropriate shipping location to send your firearms and all related paraphenalia. It's for the children.

-Seriously, if your Dad has to have a CPAP, morning chest pains and apnea are nothing to play with. My father has sleep apnea and his blood O2 saturation has gone down into the 60's. No good. A call to your GP would seem prudent to me...

-Hobbit (Diplomate, American Foundation for Feline Sleep Apnea Research)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]

I hate calling/going to my doctor.  That's why I asked you guys.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The answer to your question is Yes.

You know what I do for a living...I m treating someone with sleep apnea at work as I type this.

Get Thee to Thine Doctor, NOW!

SG (The Sleep Lab Director)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The answer to your question is Yes.

You know what I do for a living...I m treating someone with sleep apnea at work as I type this.

Get Thee to Thine Doctor, NOW!

SG (The Sleep Lab Director)

but why?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
So you don't die while you're sleeping? I've got an appointment on the 24th to check possible Sleep Apnea.

Do a quick Google search and see what pops up. Then take a good look at your life and you'll see the signs you've been ignoring...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top