Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 5:12:24 PM EDT
Well, I got the skeet bug, and am now looking for a nice, used shotgun to use for skeet shooting. I say used because paying $1500 for a NIB browning Citori just isn't going to happen. The guys at Athens Rifle Club say if you look hard enough you can shops selling them for $500 or so if you hold your tongue right. Not really planning on going into Franklins because, well, most of their stuff is just way too high. Maybe sporting arms would have some?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you definitely looking at O/Us or are you open to autos?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
My Skeet & Sporting Clays gun is a Remington 1100. I found it in a pawn shop for $300. It looks brand new.

There are deals out there; but you have to be patient and look around. If I was going to get an O/U, I would look for a Beretta 686 White Onyx Sporting. It is a dream to swing.

Accountant
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
mainly O/Us. I did shoot a beretta semi the other day that was freakin sweet. I remember it was a 20ga, light as a feather, and had what looked liked a carbon fiber handguard. I would prefer the O/U just because the loading and unloading(you can grab the shells) is easier, and how you can hold it on the range, which I mean the O/U is cracked open and you can cradle it, versus the semi which you pretty much have to keep on your toe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Citoris are great OU's and are hard to beat until you get into the Beretta price range.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Browning Gold Hunter Trap & Skeet for sale for a little more than your stated price range if interested.

I'm not in NE ATL but I can ship.

TD
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Look in the CDNN catalog (page 59 in the 2010-4 catalog) for the Lanber 2097 Sporting LUX.  I bought the $599 model with tiny blems that you have to really look for to find, maybe a scratch in bluing, ect... not not a functional blem only cosmetic.  They also have a non-blem model for $699

This is one of the best bang for the buck you'll find in an O/U.  It's made in Spain and widely used in England by beginners and I really like mine.  I normally stay away from not well known brands, but did a lot of research online before buying mine and I'm more than satisfied.  It also fit's me better than the name brand O/U's I tried, but that all depends on your body type, ect...

Oh, and call Chris at Mr. Pawn and see what he'll transfer it for, or go with someone else and the standard $25 transfer fee.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
It's tough to beat the Beretta 390 at Wally World for $530. I know it's a semi, but it is much easier on the shoulder.

If you must have an O/U, I would consider saving your pennies for a Beretta White Onyx Sporting. It is the same frame and action as the Silver Pigeon, but just not as fancy on the engraving and the wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top