Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/16/2006 12:39:03 PM EDT
Anybody know a good skeet range in the Birmingham area. I moved here about 6 months ago and am already a member at FOP, but I am also looking for a good place to shoot skeet
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:21:57 AM EDT

I'm almost inclined to say that your best bet is to find a friend with some private land.

Where did you move from? How come? (not being nosey, jsut trying to become familiar)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
I think there is a place near Tannihill. Seem to remember an article on the place a year or so ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:52:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 11:53:08 AM EDT by HCL3]
Moved here for law school from Atlanta
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:53:10 PM EDT
I shot Tannehill a few months ago with my wife and it is a pretty nice place. They have a course with ten stations and they also have a practice range with the standard overheads. It is a 100 shot course and was not cheap, but they offer memberships. The last few stations were hard as hell. They also have a small pistol range, but I do all my REAL ass-kickin' shooting at FOP.

I am not a very experienced skeet shooter and I have not shot a bunch of courses, but I liked Tannehill.

Do a search for the name in here on Tannehill and you can see where I wrote a more lengthy commentary on the place.

I think Selwood may have a course too but I am not sure. If my memory serves, they also have a standard twin tower set-up. It is about 45 minutes out of town. The only time I have been out there was to pick up some birds. They make the majority of their money on quail hunts. And they sure as hell ain't cheap for that either. We hunt close to there and sometimes use their dogs and guides on the side for hunts.

Start here:
Alabama Clay Shooting

Here is Selwood:
Selwood Farms

I grew up hunting at Rockfence but that is all the way over by Auburn. I haven't been there in a long time, but i used to like them a lot. It is owned by McMillan trucking and the lodge is made out of old rail cars.
Top Top