Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:16:34 PM EDT
Went to Silver Bullet today and boy what an experience. Ten days ago I called and asked if they
would consider allowing me to shoot an M1 carbine there. "Sure, no problem" was the reply. So today I trek up there because I'm itching to shoot the carbine as well as a new Colt Special Combat Gov't I picked up. The guy intially wouldn't let me shoot the carbine and wanted to see
the ammunition I was shooting. I explain to the guy that it is roughly equivalent to a .357 magnum that he would most certainly allow. I am pissed and I show him the American Eagle box and he looks and looks and looks and finally decides to let me shot it. He says to me that he is sorry that I'm mad at him. I reply, "You act like I'm speaking a foreign language here, do you not know what .30 carbine ammo is?" He replies that he owns two M1 carbines and I said, "so what don't you understand about the relative power of the round?"

The next thing he says is that he needs to "inspect" my guns. I said, "what for?" He tells me that they do this for everyone. I just want to shoot and I let it go. He takes my brand new Colt and starts pawing it and pulling the slide back. I told him "Hey, that is a $1500 gun not some piece of shit, what are looking at?" He tells me that he can't be 'prejudiced' against someones gun and he looks at everyones pistol no matter how cheap or expensive. Then he drops the slide on an empty chamber! I swear to god that if I wasn't in a gunshop I would have beaten the piss out of him. I could go on but I think you got the point. I'm just going to get madder and madder thinking about it. Anyone else dealt with these dopes?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:12:40 PM EDT
I drop the slide on an empty chamber all the time.....on a CZ framed pistol.....is this bad on a 1911?

Sorry to hear they where disrespectfull of your stuff, I will look to avoid them in the future.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:34:25 PM EDT
Yes, dropping a slide on a 1911 can damage a custom trigger job like my gun has. However, I doubt that it happen if you did it just once. My point was that is extremely poor form to do that on someone elses gun. I think that most 1911 fans would find that action very disrespectful. I don't do it on other peoples guns and I expect the same. Besides, there was absolutely no reason to
even look at my gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:03:49 AM EDT
Well I have to say that I have had nothing but good experiences at Silver Bullet.......but K2 is another story. Sorry to hear you had problems .

Maybe try speaking to somebody else if this same guy is there in the future.....if you return???
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:56:32 AM EDT
Sounds like you just got a bad employee.

I had a guy at Silver Bullet ask to inspect my guns and I told him he already did it another time.
(He really hadn't, but I don't let anyone touch my carry piece.)

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:17:22 PM EDT
if they would let me shoot my ar there id go everyday
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:10:16 PM EDT
What was the guy's name?

Originally Posted By rxgremlin:
Went to Silver Bullet today and boy what an experience. Ten days ago I called and asked if they
would consider allowing me to shoot an M1 carbine there. "Sure, no problem" was the reply. So today I trek up there because I'm itching to shoot the carbine as well as a new Colt Special Combat Gov't I picked up. The guy intially wouldn't let me shoot the carbine and wanted to see
the ammunition I was shooting. I explain to the guy that it is roughly equivalent to a .357 magnum that he would most certainly allow. I am pissed and I show him the American Eagle box and he looks and looks and looks and finally decides to let me shot it. He says to me that he is sorry that I'm mad at him. I reply, "You act like I'm speaking a foreign language here, do you not know what .30 carbine ammo is?" He replies that he owns two M1 carbines and I said, "so what don't you understand about the relative power of the round?"

The next thing he says is that he needs to "inspect" my guns. I said, "what for?" He tells me that they do this for everyone. I just want to shoot and I let it go. He takes my brand new Colt and starts pawing it and pulling the slide back. I told him "Hey, that is a $1500 gun not some piece of shit, what are looking at?" He tells me that he can't be 'prejudiced' against someones gun and he looks at everyones pistol no matter how cheap or expensive. Then he drops the slide on an empty chamber! I swear to god that if I wasn't in a gunshop I would have beaten the piss out of him. I could go on but I think you got the point. I'm just going to get madder and madder thinking about it. Anyone else dealt with these dopes?

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:58:32 AM EDT
I've had no issues with them each time I go. Their backstop probably isn't rated for rifle caliber stuff and he might have been paranoid, that or you might have just gotten a crappy employee.
Top Top