Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 8:04:23 AM EDT
Greasings and Lubrications,

I was watching the video from the tannerite folks again and one guy was shooting a .308 with a can.. it hardly made any noise at all and it was very cool I thought.

That got me thinking about getting one for my AR15. Does anyone have any experience with acquiring these here in Ga?

When you get the targets (whomever ordered them) you gotta watch the video that came with it. It gives about 5 minutes instructions on how to use the targets and the rest of the time is a bunch of guys having a ball shooting everything in sight, safely.

Keep your eyes open for the guy shooting the AR15 with silencer, I thought it was pertty amazing the lack of muzzel rise and how steady he was, even my wife noticed. He had one of those 120 round drums and let it all go, I think I got wood.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
These folks are local and make great products.
I do not have one yet.
You pay a $200.00 transfer fee, go through the background check, and then pay for the can you ordered.
Advanced Armament Corp.
www.advanced-armament.com/
770-985-3109

ARH
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind you can only legally mount a suppressor on a pre-ban since you need a threaded muzzle.

Azalin has one from the company ARH recommended.  Ask him about it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, gilfrd...you'd better get something on that loud a$$ AR of yours!!!  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Keep in mind you can only legally mount a suppressor on a pre-ban since you need a threaded muzzle.

I ran the serial number through Winchester and my boltgun is definitely preban.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ran the serial number through Winchester and my boltgun is definitely preban.  

Smart ass.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone want to do an even swap for an almost brand new postban AR15 for an old used preban? I'll throw in a cleaning rod!

Doesnt look like I'll be getting one this year unless something happens with that AWB deal, anyone heard an update to this lately?

gilfrd

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does anyone want to do an even swap for an almost brand new postban AR15 for an old used preban? I'll throw in a cleaning rod!

Doesnt look like I'll be getting one this year unless something happens with that AWB deal, anyone heard an update to this lately?

gilfrd

Sure I'll trade! I have an almost brand new postban!! Woohoo!! Hey guys, I gettin' me a preban!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I won’t buy a pre-ban.  I’m going to wait and see what happens with the AWB.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I won’t buy a pre-ban.  I’m going to wait and see what happens with the AWB.

The ban will sunset as it was designed to do....then it will be replaced with some other new pile of sh!t.
Nothing is going to change, look at the way income tax is handled...that was meant to be temporary too.
Don't worry Book, when all the prebans are gone, I'll let you drool over mine!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#10]
The collapsible stock is neat, but a feature I could do without.  A flash hider is a useful feature, but I’m not sure it’s worth the cost difference between a pre-ban and a post-ban.  

I was once (yea, like only a few months ago) of the opinion that the AWB would be extended.  Gun control is a losing issue for a politician, no matter which side they take.  Making the AWB more restrictive is a bad, bad move for nearly all politicians.  However, I tend to think if politicians quietly (meaning without a lot of debate or media coverage) vote to extend the current ban, they won’t lose many votes.  Many gun-nuts like us are going to be upset about the extension, but not to the point where most of us will change our voting habits.

If politicians vote for a more restrictive ban, then they risk losing a great portion of the “gun people’s” vote.  If there is a lot of heated debate, it creates a lot of attention that the politicians don’t really want.

So, maintaining the status quo is their best bet.

That’s what I did think.  Now it has dawned on me that all the politicians need to do is let the current AWB sunset without being able to come to an agreement on a new AWB.  That might actually be easier than voting to extended the current ban.  A politician can always take the middle road and say they support some type of “common sense” AWB, but they’ve yet to see the right solution be proposed.  This makes the “soccer moms” feel okay about the politician and also does the least amount of damage to the politician from the gun-rights folks.

So, I’m starting to think maybe, just maybe the AWB will sunset and will NOT be replaced by anything.  Even if the AWB sunsets just long enough for me to throw a pre-ban upper on what we now consider a post-ban lower, I’ll have my flash hider for no more cost than a current post-ban.  

Hey, it’s all a gamble.  I know that.  I’ve also been watching LOTS of people selling their pre-bans.

One thing is for sure.  The next 16 months will be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got an AAC M-4 2000 and I love it. Currently it's on my SPR project rifle. I'm still putting it together, but when I make it to one of the group shoots, I'll bring it with me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, guys...now you've got me scheming again.  This hobby is worse than crack!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I own a AAC M4-2000 can and love it.  It is one of the quietest silencers avaliable.  The quick detach feature is a real advantage for this system.  If you call AAC they will fill you in on all of the fine details for aquiring a silencer.  A short out line is as follows.

- choose a can that is right for you
- pay for that can
- write $200 check out to ATF
- fill out a form 4
- get CLEO signiture (Chuck Severs - GBI)
- get finger printed
- two passport photos
- then mail off all of the above items to ATF and wait for them to return the approved form 4 to your dealer.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#14]
azalin is dead on . watch AAC though. a friend of mine has approved paperwork on a group of suppresors from them and they seem to have no interest in delivering product. he is an FFL/sot here in Ga. Check Mike Klos at american mfr. he does excellent work. had him thread 3 barrels for an incoming can. he also mfr.s rifle suppresors. check subguns.com for all the info you need on class 3 stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top