Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2010 2:07:09 PM EDT
Does anyone have any hands on experience with these? I can find nothing but good reviews about them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 3:01:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By IcarusY625:
Does anyone have any hands on experience with these? I can find nothing but good reviews about them.

I've had my hands on a few of them. I shoot with John regularly.

They are a very good scope from what I've seen. Great clarity, nice fine crosshairs and well made. All for Leupold prices. Not heard anyone with a bad word for them and there's quite a few in our club that have got them.

I would certainly be looking at one if I was in the market for a scope.

PS. Got the rings today. Thanks very much
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 11:37:32 PM EDT
Thanks, I have seen then compared favourably against Leupolds. They don't seem to have perhaps all the available features but as a working scope in performance and build they may have everything I'm looking for at my level.

Enjoy your new rings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 11:02:03 PM EDT
I shot at the side of John at last years fly shoot. Both of us shooting 6mm,s. I had an 8-32 nxs on, and John had an 8-32 sightron on. I couldn't see the shot holes through mine, but could through his , both scopes on 32 power. The lenses are definatly better than nightforce. The build quality isn't though. I,ve always thought the turret clicks to be too soft, and the turrets feel cheap. However, the scopes are half the price, and to be honest, very good value indeed. They are streets ahead of any leupold...who seem to completely have dropped the ball these last few years.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 2:40:01 AM EDT
I shot at the side of John at last years fly shoot. Both of us shooting 6mm,s. I had an 8-32 nxs on, and John had an 8-32 sightron on. I couldn't see the shot holes through mine, but could through his , both scopes on 32 power. The lenses are definatly better than nightforce. The build quality isn't though. I,ve always thought the turret clicks to be too soft, and the turrets feel cheap. However, the scopes are half the price, and to be honest, very good value indeed. They are streets ahead of any leupold...who seem to completely have dropped the ball these last few years.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 11:09:29 AM EDT
Thanks again for your honest input.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 11:10:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2010 12:06:49 PM EDT by IcarusY625]
Thanks again for your honest input.

..oh, which of you hit the fly?
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 3:16:55 PM EDT
It seems there have been two versions. I'm thinking the older ones had the less tactile turrets, as more recent reviews describe them as crisp and positive. I can feel an urge coming on............
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 3:43:38 PM EDT
It seems there have been two versions. I'm thinking the older ones had the less tactile turrets, as more recent reviews describe them as crisp and positive. I can feel an urge coming on............

For the record...... I hit the fly for the last two years with my Nightforce. I could see the 6.5mm bullet holes from 500yds.

However, as Baldie says, the Sightron is a great scope. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. The Sightron is a good deal cheaper than the Nightforce and INHO better than the Leupold.

I'm excited for you.

Tell John I said hello
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:58:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Agent_Funky:

http://www.mudtrap.com/images/ben-stiller.gif

For the record...... I hit the fly for the last two years with my Nightforce. I could see the 6.5mm bullet holes from 500yds.

However, as Baldie says, the Sightron is a great scope. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. The Sightron is a good deal cheaper than the Nightforce and INHO better than the Leupold.

I'm excited for you.

Tell John I said hello

Your impressive powers of persuasion have taken effect.......................
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:29:26 AM EDT

I'm excited for you.

Tell John I said hello

Excellent!!

I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

I'm looking to get one as my next scope.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:26:17 PM EDT

I'm excited for you.

Tell John I said hello

Excellent!!

Should be here by next Friday, hopefully. they have expanded the range and some of the lower end ones look quite interesting. What type are you considering?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 4:02:54 PM EDT
I have a Sightron on my Tactical Savage in 7.62. I was going to use it until I got a more expensive scope. That was 3 years ago and I still don;t see a need to replace it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 5:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/15/2010 5:19:11 PM EDT by Agent_Funky]

I'm excited for you.

Tell John I said hello

Excellent!!

Should be here by next Friday, hopefully. they have expanded the range and some of the lower end ones look quite interesting. What type are you considering?

Primarily high end scopes.... but from what I've seen I'd be interested in seeing what their low mag scope are like..... CSR style stuff.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:34:15 AM EDT
Well it arrived yesterday. First impressions.....minimal packaging and a pair of lens caps that appear to be for a smaller model....no great shakes. Comes with a sunshade which is nice. Something I hadn't previously noticed from the various pics is that it has two different finishes. The bezels, mag ring, turrets and caps are all finished in a typical black satin anodised finish, whereas the body tube is actually a matt black finish. I thought that a little odd at first sight but aesthetically, and by pure coincidence, it matches well with my barrel and action in matt black Duracoat

It cetainly feels solidly built, with s/f and mag rings rotating smoothly. The turrets have solid, positive clicks, no mushiness at all that has previously been reported. These are the later type which are also larger than the earlier ones. All markings are engraved, not painted, which I prefer, and in gold instead of the usual white. Very sharp and clear nonetheless.

Optically, I am impressed. It is very bright and sharp throughout the magnification range and on my quick examination I could discern no distortion at the edges even on 24x. I put it next to my Mk 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50 and the Sightron is noticeably brighter at all magnification levels.

The reticle is sharp, cross hairs a little thicker than the Mk4, but not obtrusively so. The whole reticle is mildot, as opposed to the Loopy's mildot with thicker stadia. I'm fine with either, although I suspect ranging at distance will be easier with the Sightron reticle.

It's now sitting in some nice ligtweight Burris rings on my Remmy

So far, so good. If the weather's decent tomorrow I now have 3 rifles in need of a 50m zero....
Top Top