Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/17/2009 7:17:26 AM EST
Check it out. Sig hasn't announced it yet, but check out this offering that Sig will be shipping. They look pretty sweet. I am not sure what the price point will be, but I am sure it will be pricey. Probably similar pricing to LWRC, Noveske, or LMT piston ARs.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/09/16/sig516-sig-sauer-enters-the-ar-15-market/
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:31:53 AM EST
and there goes my credit with american express
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:04:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:33:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:57:18 AM EST
Who isn't in the AR market yet?

I'm still banking for a Taurus AR-15. Or Glock AR-15...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:12:01 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:41:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cold:
Originally Posted By LaRue556:

Taurus considered going in, announced a spec'd out rifle and then pulled out when they realized they were late to the party, this is not new news either...

As for the Glock.... I'd love one that took G17/18 mags

I'm sure someone out there makes a modification.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:55:08 AM EST

Taurus considered going in, announced a spec'd out rifle and then pulled out when they realized they were late to the party, this is not new news either...

I'm sure someone out there makes a modification.

Olympic makes a 9mm AR that takes glock mags. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:01:51 AM EST

I believe Lone Wolf makes a lower for glock mags.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:50:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By MAZDOG:

The only "lower" I've seen from Lone Wolf is a polymer pistol frame, not to be confused with an AR lower receiver. I don't believe it is on the market yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:29:34 PM EST

HI+POINT

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:31:35 PM EST
Good luck to them. The AR market is saturated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:43:12 PM EST
Lone Wolf in 9mm or 40 cal and the lower is CNC machined from Mil-spec 7075 aluminum forging.

Originally Posted By baderrick:

The only "lower" I've seen from Lone Wolf is a polymer pistol frame, not to be confused with an AR lower receiver. I don't believe it is on the market yet.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:25:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By CovertChannels:
Check it out. Sig hasn't announced it yet, but check out this offering that Sig will be shipping. They look pretty sweet. I am not sure what the price point will be, but I am sure it will be pricey. Probably similar pricing to LWRC, Noveske, or LMT piston ARs.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/09/16/sig516-sig-sauer-enters-the-ar-15-market/

Can't say as though I'd be very interested in purchasing them as a dealer. To say the market is saturated in the understatement of the year. Just ask Daniel Defense [NOT: I LOVE DD rifles, they are the best deal on the market, however they really entered at an inopportune time.]

I'd be really surprised if they keep that Sopmod stock. Sig has a reputation of shipping Just As Good As® parts and accessories. From their POS M-4 stock to their HORRIBLE weapons lights [we had 100% failure, and that is just in the shop, no range time], to their Aimpoint H-1 Ripoff.

I really wish they would stick to making the Classic guns, moreso improving on their quality and stay out of the long gun market. I know that's not gonna happen but shit, even an idiot could see that the Long Gun market is bear right now.
Hell, when my Sig Rep came in yesterday I reviewed my backorders and canceled 22k of backordered 556's due to the fact I have about 8k of them on the shelf and not selling.

On a related note they have been fucking with me all year in regards to new items that I ordered at SHOT and not receiving them. It got so bad that I almost canceled my Sig acct a few weeks ago. The current COO and Marketing Guy have severely fucked Sig up as bad as they tag teamed Kimber into the ground. Whatever happened to quality OVER quantity?

Needless to say this one is definitely a NO-GO.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:41:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By ikickhippies:
Originally Posted By CovertChannels:

Can't say as though I'd be very interested in purchasing them as a dealer. To say the market is saturated in the understatement of the year. Just ask Daniel Defense [NOT: I LOVE DD rifles, they are the best deal on the market, however they really entered at an inopportune time.]

I'd be really surprised if they keep that Sopmod stock. Sig has a reputation of shipping Just As Good As® parts and accessories. From their POS M-4 stock to their HORRIBLE weapons lights [we had 100% failure, and that is just in the shop, no range time], to their Aimpoint H-1 Ripoff.

I really wish they would stick to making the Classic guns, moreso improving on their quality and stay out of the long gun market. I know that's not gonna happen but shit, even an idiot could see that the Long Gun market is bear right now.
Hell, when my Sig Rep came in yesterday I reviewed my backorders and canceled 22k of backordered 556's due to the fact I have about 8k of them on the shelf and not selling.

On a related note they have been fucking with me all year in regards to new items that I ordered at SHOT and not receiving them. It got so bad that I almost canceled my Sig acct a few weeks ago. The current COO and Marketing Guy have severely fucked Sig up as bad as they tag teamed Kimber into the ground. Whatever happened to quality OVER quantity?

Needless to say this one is definitely a NO-GO.

Amen!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:00:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By TecRsq:
Lone Wolf in 9mm or 40 cal and the lower is CNC machined from Mil-spec 7075 aluminum forging.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/ItemMedia/10000/10000_1289.jpg

Originally Posted By baderrick:

I stand corrected then. Damn, now I want one!

Top Top