Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2010 11:42:40 PM EDT
about 3 minutes I heard someone crank off 6-8 shots within a few hundred yards of my house. Based on the sound, it sounded like a 45 (no sonic boom or rifle crack as far as I could tell). Woke my ass up, and I hit the floor. I'm hiding in the basement right now (where the computer is) with my AR.

Probably just some dumb ass kids (there's a large apartment complex fairly close to me), but damn it I don't need this kind of shit the night before a match (Pistol match tomorrow at 9am).

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:49:08 AM EDT
U in Aurora? haahah
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:35:56 AM EDT
..........So shoot back.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:27:40 AM EDT
Thank god you had a basement to go hide in with your AR.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:24:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ANADRILL:
U in Aurora? haahah

lol no, FTC.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:23:23 PM EDT
Shots fired... hiding in basement w/ AR.. .posting on AR15.com... priorities... you have them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:47:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Monky:
Shots fired... hiding in basement w/ AR.. .posting on AR15.com... priorities... you have them.

Damn straight

I didn't know what direction they were coming from, and it wasn't SUPER close, so I didn't see any point in calling the cops. My basement is my "safe" room, and the computer is down there, so I figured what the hell
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:34:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By the-fly:
U in Aurora? haahah

lol no, FTC.

Had shots fired in my hood last year (1/2 mile down the street)...disgruntled BF popping 9mm rounds in the air.

ForT Compton.......

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:08:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 7:19:16 AM EDT by testify4]
U in Aurora? haahah

lol no, FTC.

I was outside around 7pm on Sunday and heard sirens all over the place. The ancient Rat Shack scanner can't get anything good these days but the Coloradoan reported a shooting on the west side of town. They were supposed to reverse-911 people in the area.

When I check the Sheriff's blotter things seem hotter over by Overland Trail / Prospect in the past years.

The paper made some allusions to possible "gang activity" which was downplayed a bit and now it might be "over a girl".

What gangs are heavy in FTC? I don't see any activity/tagging in my area but we're in sleepy condition white walk your poodle in pajamas at 2am central. They have mentioned how many are in the detention center with gang affiliations, and talk of spillover from Greeley.

ETA: Oh, wait. Saw the timestamp on your post. Some kind of revelry that was not this: http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100907/NEWS01/9070320/Fort-Collins-police-continue-shooting-investigation
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:26:23 PM EDT
What gangs are heavy in FTC

The central and south american bangers are taking over what was once considered mexicanos territory. Up through tejas and california overpowering the locals who they have do their low level dirty work. SURENOS, MS-13 and other known clickas are running the game. They over ran the blacks some time back and want total control of all illicit trade. The heaviest concentration is found in greality. Granted the Somali's are starting to make a push.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:29:28 PM EDT
Whatever I heard never made the papers. Its possible no one even called the cops on it.

FTC is a fairly safe town, but there are some gangs here, and if you look carefully, the graffiti is starting to show up as well.

Personally I think graffiti clowns should be shot on sight
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:30:09 PM EDT
Whatever I heard never made the papers. Its possible no one even called the cops on it.

FTC is a fairly safe town, but there are some gangs here, and if you look carefully, the graffiti is starting to show up as well.

Personally I think graffiti clowns should be shot on sight

I know what you mean and it is really a shame. Took my dog down to the river yesterday and there were broken 40oz bottles all over the bank... I've lived in foco for almost a decade now and its the first time I've EVER seen anything like that

I think theres a pretty obvious culprit that has been showing up from Greeley for the past two years. Wish shit like this didn't happen
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:56:49 AM EDT
I'm in COS. Used to be a nice quiet neighborhood. My new neighbors had a window broken out of their house a couple weeks ago, and a couple months back someone drove past my house and fired off a full mag of .45. Scared the living bejeesus out of me and my wife. I hit the floor and she jumped up. Go figure.

Things are tanking all over. Have superior firepower at the ready.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:33:42 AM EDT
In my experience, LE has a hard time admitting there is a gang problem in a community because as soon as they do, it is taken as a sign of LE failure.

With the RoE there is little that can be done. The gangs know how to run our system and even if caught in the act, they still live on.

In Denver, the "community" will take to the streets to defend a banger who got a bu-bu during an arrest. Of course they do nothing when a cop is gunned down trying to keep their community safe.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:53:24 PM EDT
Reminds me of my days living on South Academy in the Springs. I guess the rent was $300 a month for a reason
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:39:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Skip237:

In Denver, the "community" will take to the streets to defend a banger who got a bu-bu during an arrest. Of course they do nothing when a cop is gunned down trying to keep their community safe.

And thats why Denver is a communist shit hole.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:12:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Skip237:

And thats why Denver is a communist shit hole.

And that is why I know longer live there

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:44:24 AM EDT
I usually hide in the basement and communicate with fellow arfcommers when I hear gunshots in the far off. I feel this gets me ready for a real life shtf situation.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:12:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RussDXT:
I usually hide in the basement and communicate with fellow arfcommers when I hear gunshots in the far off. I feel this gets me ready for a real life shtf situation.

Didn't realize 200-300 yards is "far off" for shots fired.

What would you recommend I do instead, run around outside in my underwear with my AR at 1:40am screaming "DISENGAGE!!" ?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:36:36 AM EDT
Heard Fort Collings PD is looking into a double shooting that happened there the other night. Related???
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:29:45 PM EDT
Last night around 2300, Prospect was blocked west bound from Lemay. Command center truck parked down by Stover....

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:04:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RussDXT:

Didn't realize 200-300 yards is "far off" for shots fired.

What would you recommend I do instead, run around outside in my underwear with my AR at 1:40am screaming "DISENGAGE!!" ?

Staying belowgrade while you assess the situation is sensible, so I can't recommend it for a General Discussion AAR. Screaming DISENGAGE . . . no. I suggest attire of boots and boxers, while you do short dashes and tactical rolls through the neighborhood. Periodic shouts of "CLEAR" will suffice. You will, no doubt, have to suffer many earnest advances from the neighborhood women afterward.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:46:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Last night around 2300, Prospect was blocked west bound from Lemay. Command center truck parked down by Stover....

Sounds like a motorcyclist was heading east on Prospect and bounced off two cars.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100911/UPDATES01/100911002/Fort-Collins-motorcyclist-injured-in-collision-with-2-cars-on-Prospect
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:51:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:46:36 PM EDT
Just go back to sleep.
Top Top