Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/29/2006 2:34:24 PM EST
I checked the links on the site but couldn't find it. Is the 5 round Max also for Shotguns? Honestly, I've been a LEO for a long time so didn't have to worry but will be a civilian if all goes well in about 3 months. Hopefully my house will sell and I will be out of here by then but if not this is really going to suck!

Riese
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:22:54 PM EST
Yes, it's 5 round only. Mag tube, even if attached to the shotgun, is a magazine subject to the hi cap restrictions.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:39:55 AM EST
OK, since this is goignt o be a probelem all around and I have no place to put all my gear how bout self storage on LI. I found a few places that allow it and have insurance. What do you guys think? It would only be for a couple of months (hopefully ) till I'm out of here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:46:55 AM EST
I'm sure you could find someone reputable to hold it for you outside of the city. There are plenty of guys here.

Hell, I'd even store it for you until you moved.

It would beat paying a place to house it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:45:26 AM EST
i dont believe this to be true.i registered a mossberg 590a1 with the longarms dept in queens and had no problems in spite of the fact that the tube holds more than 5 rds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:35:01 PM EST
2gun, two points: 1. don't assume the R&S section actually knows the law and 2. they may have no idea about how many rounds your mag tube holds.

I do suspect anyone with a 7- or 8-shot tube who buys a bird hunting plug that you put in the magazine to reduce the capacity by 3 rounds would be OK, but I'm not going to be the one to test that.
Top Top