Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2003 6:57:40 PM EDT
 I'm curious if anyone knows if any good deals can be found in the pawn shops and surplus stores in Killeen, mainly the ones just outside the gate of Ft. Hood.

mm
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been thinking about making a trip up that way.  i dont know anything specific, but im sure now is a good time to buy.

Ben, the_emu
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Turns out i was wrong.  I visited about a dozen pawn shops in Killeen and Harker Heights yesterday.  
Saw ZERO ar-15's.  
used SKS for $150.
Used mak 90 for $400.  
Eygeptian Madii? ugly thumbhole stock for $350
Romanian ak-74 with draganov stock for $440
no Ruger 10-22's
plenty of sproterized Lee-Enfields and other cheap bolt guns
tons of worn out pump shotguns.

i guess it depends on what you are looking for. for me it was a big waist of time.

Ben, The_Emu

P.S. Killeen is a hole.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Turns out i was wrong.  I visited about a dozen pawn shops in Killeen and Harker Heights yesterday.  
Saw ZERO ar-15's.  
used SKS for $150.
Used mak 90 for $400.  
Eygeptian Madii? ugly thumbhole stock for $350
Romanian ak-74 with draganov stock for $440
no Ruger 10-22's
plenty of sproterized Lee-Enfields and other cheap bolt guns
tons of worn out pump shotguns.

i guess it depends on what you are looking for. for me it was a big waist of time.

Ben, The_Emu

P.S. Killeen is a hole.

Were there any good deals on used magazines?

mm
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought used mags for $11 each at that Surplus Store on the hill outside the Clear Creek gate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a surplus dealer in Killeen that is a member of this board. I forget his name, but once he offered to open up on Sunday, if I could drive there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
 I'm really thinking of driving down there Saturday.  Probably after going to Vorbek's to see what all he has.

mm
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I bought used mags for $11 each at that Surplus Store on the hill outside the Clear Creek gate.

Yea, I bought several mags there... great deal. there is a pawn shop there on that highway heading east toward 35... dang if I can remember the name... they have alot of ARs. It is not far from this surplus store.. shoot I cant remember it <old moment here> It is a pretty big shop, right on the corner.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

P.S. Killeen is a hole.

Yes, it is a hole.  I went there this afternoon.  All the surplus shops, including the ones off 190 have magazines.  The price varies, all are in good shape except the finish(they all have "character"}.  The closer to the West gate(Rancier) the more expensive they are, the highest price was $15 for a 30 rd.  I didn't see any 20 rd magazines.  
  I asked the shop owners, they get most of theirs from GIs selling them or trading them in their stores.  A lot of LE or Military only mags too, clearly marked.

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top