Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2006 5:39:20 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good place to shop for a holster in the Triangle? I just bought a Taurus 24/7 Pro at the Dixie show last weekend, and I am having the worst luck getting a holster for it. I tried two at the show, and neither fit, and just ordered a Forbus from Midway, and that one doesn't fit either.

Initially, I am just hoping for a plastic/kydex I can use at the informal IDPA shoots at DCWC. based on my luck so far, I would like to go to a shop I can check for fit before I buy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Rudders.  He's got a pretty good relationship with a guy who does custom Kydex rigs, based out of Roxboro.  For a custom rig, they are very reasonable and are well made.  Between 20 and 40 depending on what you get.  And he's pretty fast.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Wild Bills I hear is really good, they make holsters in Garner I think.  Try googling them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wild Bills I hear is really good, they make holsters in Garner I think.  Try googling them.

I have a wild bill's holster and it is very nice.  He will also do customs if he doesn't stock what you want.  Just call to find out what his lead time is and if it's acceptable to you.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, both Lawman's Safety Supply and Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center have a good selection of holsters. Lawman's has alot more. THey are both located in the same general area off Tryon Rd between Hammond Rd. and S. Saunders St in Raleigh. Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Lawman's does have a good supply of holsters.  But, aside from my personal hatred of Lawmans, I've never seen a holster there without a retention strap.  I know that Dmin will be using the gun for IDPA, and it sucks in a major way to have to deal with anything other than friction retention.  The black hawks are fine, but straps suck.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:00:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.wildbillsconcealment.com/
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
A bit late now, but Bill always has a stand up at the Raleigh gunshow with a good selection.  I've used his stuff for about eight years- all stood the test of time and use.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a meeting in Apex today, so I went over to Young Guns. The guys working there were very friendly, and helpful, and fixed me up with a Forbus Holster that fit. This was my first time there, and I thought they had a pretty nice selection of stuff, including plenty of Black Rifle fixin's.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had a meeting in Apex today, so I went over to Young Guns. The guys working there were very friendly, and helpful, and fixed me up with a Forbus Holster that fit. This was my first time there, and I thought they had a pretty nice selection of stuff, including plenty of Black Rifle fixin's.

Friendly and helpful????????  Did they fire John?  Randy yes.  But.... JOHN!?!?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friendly and helpful????????  Did they fire John?  Randy yes.  But.... JOHN!?!?

Maybe I caught them on an off day? I didn't catch the name of the guy who helped me, but he told me he only works there one day a week.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Was he bald and did he look like Homer Simpson?  If not, then it's not John.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprised nobody pointed out Gunners Alley.  The pair that run it are friendly, stuff fairly priced, and they have a retail location in downtown Cary.

I don't know if they keep regular hours yet but I went in a few time to pickup my order & to make sure I got the right length belt. (which was 2" longer than i thought even after reading all the advice on the subject)

http://www.gunnersalley.com/
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm surprised nobody pointed out Gunners Alley.  The pair that run it are friendly, stuff fairly priced, and they have a retail location in downtown Cary.

I don't know if they keep regular hours yet but I went in a few time to pickup my order & to make sure I got the right length belt. (which was 2" longer than i thought even after reading all the advice on the subject)

http://www.gunnersalley.com/

I checked their site, and they didn't seem to have anything for the pistol in question, a Taurus 24/7 Pro.

I have actually tried to buy a holster for my 1911 from them a few times. I emailed them to ask to set an appointment, and they never replied back. Despite this, I have ordered bags, and shooting glasses from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top