Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 9:42:07 AM EDT
I have been looking to go shooting where it is much cooler. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have family in town this week, (they haven't figured out it's hot in July in AZ), and want to go shooting, picnic lunch, and some scenery.

I appreciate the help.

(No tannerite, just some biodegradable clays, and stuff we will take out with us. We will be shooting 22's, and a few other small calibers.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
there is no shooting right now
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Isnt Tonoto Natl Forest the only place where shooting is prohibited???
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the correct information and call the area/region you plan to shoot in.

BLM info

AZ Federal Land info

You should know by now our state is really dry and is a tinder box waiting to be ignited.  
Practice firearms safety, use commom sense, and bring a few fire extinguishers with you.

Don't be an irresponsible idiot like this guy and screw it up for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
That was fast.

Thanks for the links.

Is there a map that this geographically challenged guy can look at? (I did look at the link maps, but can't make much out of them) The reason, people tell me to go here or there, but I don't get out to explore much as I work ALL the time. Did I mention I'm directionally challenged.

I was hoping for a monsoon or two this week to dampen things up a bit, but if it is too dry and that risky, I'll tell them it's not gonna happen. Planned to take water and fire extinguishers, as I do anytime I go out. Always pick up trash and my brass when I'm out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Everything up north is closed down for shooting right now except for pay-to-use ranges.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Isnt Tonoto Natl Forest the only place where shooting is prohibited???
No, pretty much everything is locked down in one way or the other. Best just to forget about shooting till it cools off or go to the range.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
depending on where your at there are options though,

Theres a gun range in prescott valley, indoor and its fairly small.. but its legal and fairly cheap,

There is scottsdale gun club in scottsdale, as well as a couple others like caswell's in pheonix area..

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
What these guys said. Arizona is locked down tighter than Madagascar in Pandemic II.

Compared to the cost and hassle of a wildfire, if some shooters want to get butthurt over it, fuck you very much.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't go cooler. Go hotter. Put your gear on and train hard. Drink water. Don't be a pussy.

I'll be hiding indoors in AC.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I told them, so we will probably end up at Ted's indoor range. It's near the house. And it has AC.

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't go cooler. Go hotter. Put your gear on and train hard. Drink water. Don't be a pussy.

You should have trained with us this last weekend.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should have trained with us this last weekend.

Wish I could afford to. Lord knows my fatass could use the PT.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Everything up north is closed down for shooting right now except for pay-to-use ranges.

yep

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#14]
It's dumped pretty hard on us down here.  While the NF won't reopen until the Stage II restriction date expires...there are a few other places to shoot.  We needed the rain bad.  The whetstone fire was getting pretty close to the house last week...

CMS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top