Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/15/2007 1:49:40 PM EST
I live in Cedar Hills, and I’m getting tired of driving to browns camp to do a little shooting after work….Now that Im shooting suppressed .22’s, I know a bunch of sweet little spots down by Scio where I grew up, but I’m kinda new up here. Any one know of a secret little spot that’s closer, that they would be willing to share? Ive been kinda thinking of TCGC,but it seems like a lot of money to have a range officer baby sit me…..I’ve never been there, maby if I tried it I might like it. Any one go in the evenings who would be willing to let me tag along and check it out? Thanks Fisty
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:15:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2007 2:19:30 PM EST by actionflies]
I think it's illegal to shoot in city limit. TCGC is closer and safer, but you will have to pay $175 (iniation) plus $120 (dues 1yr.) plus $25 (NRA membership).
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:59:10 PM EST
Washington County Sheriff's Office - Restricted Shooting Districts

In early June, the Washington County Board of Commissioners approved the formation of a restricted shooting district that is comprised of the urban unincorporated neighborhoods of Bethany and Cedar Mill. The board action prohibits any person from firing a weapon within the district’s boundaries after June 17, 2005, unless the firearm is used at a gun club or shooting range approved by the Washington County Sheriff or is a shotgun used to control predatory birds or animals.

The restricted shooting district is defined by State Highway 26 to the south, Cornelius Pass Road to the west, and a combination of the Urban Growth Boundary and the Multnomah-Washington County line to the north and east.

More info and map at website:
www.co.washington.or.us/sheriff/patrol/r_shtord.htm
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:35:37 PM EST

Ive been kinda thinking of TCGC,but it seems like a lot of money to have a range officer baby sit me

Have you ever been there? There's not much in the way of baby sitting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:48:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By Q-Man:

Ive been kinda thinking of TCGC,but it seems like a lot of money to have a range officer baby sit me

Have you ever been there? There's not much in the way of baby sitting.

+1 TCGC really is very nice. I haven't had any issues with the range officers, most of them are extremely nice in fact.

I usually go out there about once a week, let me know you want to come check it out, I will be happy to bring you along.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:13:00 PM EST
That county law does not seem to apply to unincorporated Washington County south of 26.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:19:48 PM EST
I'm a member of TCGC.

I've not had any instances of ROs telling me I screwed up, except for a missing chamber flag during a cease fire.

The rules are pretty simple. They DO give tours if you call in and ask the RO to take you around. Check it out, see if you like it.

My biggest issue with Brown's etc. is that you get some creepy people (like Gunkata and WS4LIF) up there. Or realistically, 4 guys, a case of beer, and one jam-o-matic .45

Otherwise, I pay $10/mo. for facilities that are convenient and keep my ass safe.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:20:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By TangoFoxtrot:

In early June, the Washington County Board of Commissioners approved the formation of a restricted shooting district that is comprised of the urban unincorporated neighborhoods of Bethany and Cedar Mill. The board action prohibits any person from firing a weapon within the district’s boundaries after June 17, 2005, unless the firearm is used at a gun club or shooting range approved by the Washington County Sheriff or is a shotgun used to control predatory birds or animals.

The restricted shooting district is defined by State Highway 26 to the south, Cornelius Pass Road to the west, and a combination of the Urban Growth Boundary and the Multnomah-Washington County line to the north and east.

YAY! I'm still outside it (for a while at least). I need to move outwards one of these years. Tango...got room in your barn!?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:17:34 PM EST
BTDT..

NO FA's at that club...

I prefer Albany RPC or going to Memaloose or if I am really really nice.. I can go shoot at my parents cherry farm outside of SW Salem.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:58:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By TangoFoxtrot:

I suspect this commie ordinance had to do with a construction worker/plummer who bagged
a nice buck outside the city limits in an unicorporated area of Washington County
during hunting season a few years ago.

It's actually quite entertaining. The local residents say "Oh, look at the pretty deer".
Our plummer says the same thing and pulls his rifle out and Kaboom! The sheeple
then go ballistic when our hero guts out the deer right in front of them! You could
imagine the sheeple at the site of blood & guts.

The local media made a big deal over it for a few days. From what I can remember,
the plummer got cited with Reckless Endangerment and Tresspassing since the deer
was on someone else's private property.

The story come to mind quite often when the deer come into my back yard and
feasts on Mrs. Spambo's plants. I can see the story now.
Man with Supressed Assault Rifle murders Defenseless deer in Tigard

Spambo
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:10:43 PM EST
I'm up for shooting at TCGC after work, I usualy get off around 5:30 to 6:30.I work near Washington Square and live in Lafayette so its on the way home. IM me if you want to set something up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:40:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2007 5:41:11 PM EST by MGKAC556]
I also shoot suppressed at TCGC in the evening some times. IM me if you are interested. Also, are you interested in pistol or rifle suppressed?

Dave Brown
Top Top