Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 8:28:26 PM EDT
Here is how I found my shooting spots ( I hate Nazi ranges)  Most public land is OK to shoot on, Forest Service, BLM land etc. I know because my father was in the F.S. for forty years in the N.W. Go to any Forest Service ranger station and ask the question "is there somewhere I can shoot around here that is SAFE" they will probably be more than happy to give you a map to the FS roads with spots that are known for this, they are usually gravel pits dug out of hills to put gravel on the mountain roads and are often only known to a few.I have done this with great succes. I always take a large Hefty bag with me and fill it with more garbage than I go in with in hopes of minimizing the damage from others, hoping to keep access open for everyone. The only rules that apply are the basics, of which they will inform you:
Prohibited:
No shooting within (some reasonable distance of campgrounds, don't know exactly but it is obvious)
No shooting across roads
No shooting across bodies of water
Etc., Etc. Etc.
Basic stuff
Just go out far enough and if someone gives you a hard time tell them the Park Ranger said this is the place to shoot safely.
Hope this is helpful.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top