Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 8/3/2009 10:40:45 PM EST
I have a friend coming home from the army who wants to shoot with me. I live in RI and I'm not a member at any clubs here. Can I bring my firearms to

shoot at a public range in MA? Also I wanted to bring my AR, it has a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, and 30rnd mags (all Mass no no's right?) So

my question is can a non resident bring non-mass compliant firearms into the state and shoot at a public range?

thanks, John
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:05:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
I have a friend coming home from the army who wants to shoot with me. I live in RI and I'm not a member at any clubs here. Can I bring my firearms to

shoot at a public range in MA? Also I wanted to bring my AR, it has a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, and 30rnd mags (all Mass no no's right?) So

my question is can a non resident bring non-mass compliant firearms into the state and shoot at a public range?

thanks, John

no.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:22:29 AM EST
That is a shame, so the AR is out. What about my H&K and Colt pistols? They don't sell them in MA so are they "illegal"?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:47:30 AM EST
I think the only way you could bring anything into MA is if you are on the way to a sanctioned competition - and even then, I wouldn't, unless I had a non-resident permit. Are there no public ranges in RI?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:11:23 PM EST
As already stated, NO to all the above! You need to have a MA NR LTC or be attending a competition (and be able to prove it), otherwise you are staring at a felony. Can't even bring ammo into MA w/o that LTC!

Also NO hi-cap mags made after 9/13/1994 and no so-called assault weapons (same as old Fed Ban) in MA unless you are an LEO . . . even if you had the LTC.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:09:35 PM EST
There is one state range in RI, but no rifles except centerfire allowed. It really is a shame. I usually shoot in CT at the Andover club since my father

and good friend are members. I am probably moving come winter for work so I never looked into a membership at a local club. I am originaly from MA

and dislike the place more and more as time goes on. Never looking back on leaving that state.
Top Top