Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 9:14:14 PM EDT
Anyone ever shot something by accident?? I should say would anyone admit to it???

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Details...Iblis, Details...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Only in certain circles of friends. Some things just aren't meant for the internet.

...On the other hand, what's the scoop? ;)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Whew, for a second there, I thought you were gonna say your "cat-eyes" turned out to be the dogs eyes ;)
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
 Very nice!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Hows the stump?!?!

Guess its my turn....

Anyway I once had a neighbors cat that kept shittin' in the flower bed, so I though I would shoot the little bastard with my pellet gun. I didn't really want everyone to know I was shooting it to scare it off so I thought about it and came up with a grand idea. Shoot it through to peep hole in the door since it was the opening style peep hole. First shot the cat sat there like nothing...Kinda sounded funny...Second shot the cat sat there and I am getting pissed at this point...Still sounded funny...3rd shot the cat jumped and ran and no funny noise this time??? Hmmmm.....

Moral of the story....Pellets fly better when they do not have to travel through glass storm doors....
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody else is gonna cough one up eh???
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, this might be a little off topic, but I think it fits.

I was 16 or 17 when I got my first apartment.  I bought a Barnett 150 lb. compound crossbow, but had nowhere to shoot it.  I went to a shop with a lot of archery supplies and picked up a backstop and asked the salesman if it would be good enough to stop what I was shooting.  "No Problem", he says.

So I set it up in front of my front door and go across the living room (the longest shot possible in that little hell hole).  I pull the string back, load it, aim, and fire.

THUNK.

The bolt wasn't on the target at all.  In fact, it was nowhere to be seen.  Then I noticed that there was about a 3/8" hole in my door.  The bolt had gone through the backstop, through my metal fire door, and into the T-111 siding on the exterior hallway opposite my door.

I had a hell of a time getting that thing out of the wall too...  Patched the door up with Bondo and put the backstop away until I got some less powerful toys...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I will second that Iblis....
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Hehe.... Well, when I was a kid I was always the one that would try out the questionable bike ramp first, ride down the face of the small cliff first, etc.  Luckily, most injuries were minor
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually, every time I missed the "bullseye" of whatever I was shooting at I guess I hit something else by "accident"!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually, every time I missed the "bullseye" of whatever I was shooting at I guess I hit something else by "accident"!

Thats lame.....way lame.....With a name involving wiskey I am sure you can come up with something better than that!!!!

Cheers!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Man!  Tough crowd tonight!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Its all good 2wiskeyP....At least you weren't the first to lame out on a story for me!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top