Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 10:46:26 AM EDT
DALLAS -- Four police officers were taken to hospitals after they were shot while executing a drug enforcement search and arrest warrant this morning in Oak Cliff.

Police made an announcement about the warrant at a home in the 1200 block of Oak Park Drive, near W. Ledbetter Drive and South Polk Street, just before 7 a.m. Thursday before shots from a high-powered rifle were fired at officers from inside the residence, Lt. Rick Watson said.

Tactical officers then deployed chemical agent into house and four suspects, including three adults and one juvenile came out at about 7:30 a.m.

Four tactical officers, one a sergeant and three senior corporals, were hit and taken to Parkland Hospital

www.nbc5i.com/news/7114371/detail.html

Boy, sure am glad I work near Oak Cliff
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Heck, I work IN Oak Cliff, about two miles from that intersection.  Fortunately I can get on the highway pretty quick and don't have to drive through too many neighborhoods.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I work at Parkland.  The TV crews were were there in full force.  I know any time I see a news crew at work, it is usually not a good thing.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking war on drugs.

Hopefully they recover well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope they recover ok.

I am curious as to what type and how much drugs pertained to this incedent.   I know they are cracking down real hard in my area but most all of it seems to be for weed in what I consider small quantities and then putting a big "drug bust" on the front page of the paper every day when it was really very petty.  Need to shift the focus around here just a little to make a difference were its needed IMO,
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I spent my childhood in Oak Cliff (born at Methodist, Carpenter Elem, near Kiest Park).... my parents saw the changes and moved us to mid-cities in 1976.  

Hope the officers are doing OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top