Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:23:35 AM EDT
Going to be closeing on a house soon near Marble Falls and looking to the nearest place to shoot.  Thanks
txman
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Kingsland, and shoot at the Llano range.  Its at the city dump, next to the county law enforcement center.  I joined the 'gun club' and its like $20/yr.  Often I am the only one there.  There is a group of .22 bench rest guys who are there every Saturday.

Never had any trouble with ARs or rapid fire or FMJ like you find at some ranges.  If anything, they do a little good natured teasing, "Oh, they Army is here, time to put your ears on."

I heard there was a range in Burnet, but never found it.  There is on in Bertram.

IM me if you need more info.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I live in Kingsland, and shoot at the Llano range.  Its at the city dump, next to the county law enforcement center.  I joined the 'gun club' and its like $20/yr.  Often I am the only one there.  There is a group of .22 bench rest guys who are there every Saturday.

Never had any trouble with ARs or rapid fire or FMJ like you find at some ranges.  If anything, they do a little good natured teasing, "Oh, they Army is here, time to put your ears on."

I heard there was a range in Burnet, but never found it.  There is on in Bertram.

I'm not the OP but I will be housesitting in Kingsland this week. Can you give me more info on the Llano range? I'm a pistol shooter and might want to do some IDPA practice while I'm up there. I have my own targets stands and targets. Can I come out there and pay a one day fee and set up my own targets at 7-10 yards? Will they freak out if I do a Bill drill or two?

I have done some work up at Cherokee so I know the area north by the airport. Is that where this range is located?

Thanks,  Gringop
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Burnet Gun Club is off 281 near Seton Hospital.
When I get more info I will post back.
Welcome to M. Falls. Your in my hood' now
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Crazy Lady Range thread .  We do AR, AK, pistols and I try to do some IDPA drills (I am going to the August 2nd match).  It is my private range that is a work in progress.....and the price is right

This Saturday we should have 6+ people out.  IM me if you like more info and an email invite.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not the OP but I will be housesitting in Kingsland this week. Can you give me more info on the Llano range? I'm a pistol shooter and might want to do some IDPA practice while I'm up there. I have my own targets stands and targets. Can I come out there and pay a one day fee and set up my own targets at 7-10 yards? Will they freak out if I do a Bill drill or two?

I have done some work up at Cherokee so I know the area north by the airport. Is that where this range is located?

Thanks,  Gringop

The city police has a range on the North East side of the airport, but you cant shoot there.

If you go to Llano, and go North on 16, just past the Bud distributor on the right, there is the llano dump/recycling on the left.  From the road its just a gate.  It's just south of the law enforcement center.  Go up the entry road, wave to Jesse, the dump manager, and proceed up to the covered shooting benches.

Hours are 9:30-5:30 daily, closed Wed and Sun.  There is a box for you to put some $$ in.

If you go when others are there, you got to stay behind the firing line and stuff.  Most weekdays, when I go, I am the only one there.  I get there about 3:30PM.  When you are the only one there, you pretty much have the run of the place.  I play it cooler when there are more people there.  Even when there are people, I have set up my own targets done draws and stuff.  Just set up so you can stay behind the firing line.  there is an uncovered area on the right end of the line.

I went looking for the range in Burnet once.  By the hospital.  Never found it.  Guess I need more specific directions.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,  Gringop

The city police has a range on the North East side of the airport, but you cant shoot there.

If you go to Llano, and go North on 16, just past the Bud distributor on the right, there is the llano dump/recycling on the left.  From the road its just a gate.  It's just south of the law enforcement center.  Go up the entry road, wave to Jesse, the dump manager, and proceed up to the covered shooting benches.

Hours are 9:30-5:30 daily, closed Wed and Sun.  There is a box for you to put some $$ in.

If you go when others are there, you got to stay behind the firing line and stuff.  Most weekdays, when I go, I am the only one there.  I get there about 3:30PM.  When you are the only one there, you pretty much have the run of the place.  I play it cooler when there are more people there.  Even when there are people, I have set up my own targets done draws and stuff.  Just set up so you can stay behind the firing line.  there is an uncovered area on the right end of the line.

I went looking for the range in Burnet once.  By the hospital.  Never found it.  Guess I need more specific directions.

I think at the city dump, no AR's or rapid fire or just no rapid fire.  I cannot remember.

eta: The Burnet range is back on that county road quite a ways, but you do turn by seaton hihland lakes H.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]

I think at the city dump, no AR's or rapid fire or just no rapid fire.  I cannot remember.

AR's....Check and okay
Rapid Fire....Check and okay

Brian
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I went looking for the range in Burnet once.  By the hospital.  Never found it.  Guess I need more specific directions.

eta: The Burnet range is back on that county road quite a ways, but you do turn by seaton hihland lakes H.

No ARs???  Well I guess I dont need to find it after all.  In Llano the only think anything notices about rapid fire with the SBR is that its loud!

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the info

Gringop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top