Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2009 1:12:43 PM EDT
Now you guys all say shooters sucks, but I disagree. They have a great selection, and I think they were more than friendly when I was there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never had any issues and I have used Shooters for all diff stuff. The best part is that they have matched online pricing and have a great selection.
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no problem with Shooters - there are a couple of guys there that give you the "can't be bothered" vibe, but overall it's a good shop given how busy they usually are. I've seen them as slammed (or more so)  than any funshop I've ever been in. As long as you know what it is you are looking for and catch the right people Shooters gets the job done. I've always been impressed with Thomas - very helpful and friendly, doesn't pretend he invented the AR-15 - just a nice guy... Sometime their in-store specials are pretty impressive...
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I also like to frequent Shooters, I have bought 3 guns from them in the past year.  Great selection @ very good prices.
I will say that some of thier accessories prices seem a little high...one can do better online.  
Know what you want, when you go in.  It is very busy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
They have a large and diverse selection, and decent prices.  I bought several guns from them many years ago.  However, I stopped going there about three years or so ago.  I had three bad experiences within a month, all stemming from customer service issues.  At one point, I was outright lied to, although I believe this was more from ignorance then malicious intent.  Nonetheless, I am a firm believer of voting with my feet.  My feet took me out the door, and have never taken me back.

Three years is a lot of time, and they could have changed in attitude when they changed location.  At one point, I considered that area to be the golden triangle (Friendlys, Caesars, & Shooters, although now Friendlys has closed, Shooters moved into the building, and I got married.)  However, I have the luxury of no longer being overly cost sensitive, and prefer to spend my dollars where I am  consistently treated well.    

I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience.  Hopefully, that has become more common then the last time I shopped there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
If u want gun knowledge dont go there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I've bought a few guns from Shooters recently and they have good prices and are willing to deal with you.  However as someone already mentioned not all of them are very friendly and I've yet to meet one with much real gun knowledge.  Of course if you ask one of them they know everything.  I've asked numerous questions in there that I already know the answer to and have gotten some answer that make me laugh.  This is no different than any other gun shop I've been in other than MAYBE Gun Gallery.  I would recommend doing your own research before asking anyone in a gun shop questions anyway and make sure whoever you get advice from has a reputable knowlege base and isn't giving their opinion as fact.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I've bought a couple of firearms from them and got the best price in town on them.

They donated a lot of stuff to the Friends of the NRA banquet and did the majority of the transfers of auction and raffle firearms gratis.

My major complaint is that they are always very busy!
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Me either no problem with them if I want something and know exactly what I want.  Even people at GG shop there (no punt intended)
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
they have wicked good prices...good selection. People drive up from Ocala to buy there,same as when they drive south to Shoot Straight. I love the Gun Gallery,best customer service...bar none even in the middle of a crowd,they will do their best. but some people will go where they can save $50,.its just always gonna be that way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I've heard the statement made many years ago "Guns sell themselves" Most people already have their mind and budget made up before they ever walk in to a shop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Me either no problem with them if I want something and know exactly what I want.  Even people at GG shop there (no punt intended)

OK Tommy, you caught me. I needed to buy a High Point. What was I supposed to do?

On occasion you will spot a Shooters employee shopping in GG. It happens both ways
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they have wicked good prices...good selection. People drive up from Ocala to buy there,same as when they drive south to Shoot Straight. I love the Gun Gallery,best customer service...bar none even in the middle of a crowd,they will do their best. but some people will go where they can save $50,.its just always gonna be that way.

Dead on!!!

I've purchase from them before, but their customer service flat out sucks!  The amount of transition in their staff is horrific.  At Gun gallery they walk the talk.  Use the equipment they sale and stand behind their products.  They're truly enjoy what the do and it shows.  I can't tell you how many folks I've sent their way over the last decade.

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#14]
its 435 in the afternoon shooters still sucks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys are all spoiled rotten! I'm an out of towner (Okaloosa County)Insert Sheriff Jokes Here:.....   I just visited both of these establishments this past weekend on my trip to Jax, (FDCC).  I was amazed at the availability of evil black rifles and gear. The knowledge and customer service both places provided was outstanding. This county has one fun shop that caters to EBR and is the only Class III. However the prices are unbelievable. I won't mention the name but it rhymes with Gays. They wont even talk to you unless you give the vibe that you are ready to drop a $K. Suck it up guys, enjoy what U got!
Minor rant over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
its 435 in the afternoon shooters still sucks.

Really Sam? The navy can't find anything better for you to do with your time? That's sad for both you and me! Those are my tax $$$$$ at work, or not at work Buy your guns and gear where you want and shut up about it! It's like this is a forum filled with a bunch of menopausal women sometimes. Rant over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Shooters still sucks and I beat you at FDCC Sarah, Jesus Loves You.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Just walk in, keep your head down and carry cash.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
After spending 3 grand in guns in less than 8 months the last time I went there was my last. I told them loudly they can get fucked. They will never see one more penny of my money. They need to learn how to treat repeat customers better. Gun Gallery's prices maybe a little higher but you get a very knowledgeable staff that can fix of install most anything and give you straight answers. In comparison Shooters has a bunch of idiots working there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree their customer service needs some help and there accessoires are over priced. Their AR selection is 2nd to none and their gun prices are pretty good. Sooters is much cheaper then Shoot Straight in Apopka and Orlando. Hell Shoot straight was still asking $1799 for a Colt. I told them there were smoking crack asking that price and they replied that is what they are going for in the local market I wonder where in the hell that market is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#21]
In regards to shooters, I feel that their selection is second to none, if your choices are an uneducated staff that couldn't explain themselves out of a wet paper bag and a hi-point's ability to fire 5 consecutive shots without sh*tting it's guts out. I've had countless incorrect information given to me over the years (I go about once a year bc i keep trying to give them a chance, and they keep proving me wrong). Granted, I'm not talking about all of their staff, just the 5 people I've encountered there thus far. So 5 for 5, but i think that like. . . 7 people work there? It may be hit or miss for some people, but it's always been miss for me. I go in there with exactly what I want in mind, and I always leave empty handed either because everyone's just too busy to help, even though there is always one guy just standing there, staring into space; or because they keep trying to push a different product when that's not what I want. Hell for those that think they have good prices,  I tried to ask one rep why they wanted $700 for an LMT complete lower. . . again, $700 for an LMT lower. I would have accepted the truth if given, which was "people buy them at that price." Dude behind the counter said "I guess LMT thinks highly of themselves" . . . to which i gave a shit eating grin, shook my head up and down and walked away. LMT doesn't think highly of themselves, it's the douche bag behind the star-shaped green neon paper and the magic marker that writes the prices. From outrageous prices to employee's giving me miss-info, they are second to none.

It's 1:13AM, and shooters still sucks
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:12:29 AM EDT
[#22]
You'd think they would eventually get the hint.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#23]
its 8:54 am and shooters still sucks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Shooter's was where I first started when I got into the hobby. After buying 2 handguns in a month, they gave me pretty significant discounts on my next 3. Then I got into EBR's and was introduced to the guys at GG and have never looked back. Once I realized how full of s**t the staff is at Shooter's, it simply floored me to think that I initially trusted what they had to say..True story, I was in there looking for a holster that GG didn't have and over heard a sales conversation. Older woman who knew nothing about guns asked one of the staff for recommendations and he literally says "buy a glock, we all carry glocks if that says something. Also, you can throw it from a plane from 20,000 ft and it wont fire"..I shook my head and walked out..
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Drop a Glock from 20,000 and it probably wont fire.....................ever again!

HK however will probably be fine........................just hope that the impact doesn't crack the earth in half.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully it lands on shooters and cracks that place in half.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#27]
all the gun stores in jax are over priced. Unless you want to wheel and deal on a marlin lever action.

Atleast when you goto gun gallery they use lube.

eta: and btw, shooters still .

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hopefully it lands on shooters and cracks that place in half.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I went a few times recently because they had decent prices on ammo for a bit. Every single time (3) they told me something completely wrong about a firearm....not sort of wrong...completely wrong. I didn't have the heart to correct them...would have felt to much like a guy telling a little kid Santa isn't real.

P.S.
Go to GG
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Its 4:03 and shooters still sucks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Shooters still sucks and I beat you at FDCC Sarah, Jesus Loves You.

Congrat's! You beat the pregnant chick If you can't strive to be the best, do the best you can! Don't worry lil' buddy, you'll learn to shoot your gun one day! I won't give up on you
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks Sarah I knew you wouldn't maybe you could give me some pointers especially on how to clear malfunctions, LOL
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrat's! You beat the pregnant chick

........... congrats on the new shooter.

Jesus Loves you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Jesus Loves you.

You in ministry?

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#38]
do the research yourselves...why worry about what some sales guy tells you? as for the guns, shop around and find the deals...i work for a gun store on the weekends...none noted here...

4 other guys besides me...2 know NOTHING...the others, 1 an ex-marine armorer..and the other former law enforcement....i get people come in and give just as much misinformation as i see salesmen give...

"i like my mini-14 better than any AR, they break to easy"
"i want a concealable weapon, no that glock 30 is to small"
"my federal blue box 7mm out performs that hornady custom 7mm"

the list could go on...i guess like i said dont rely on the sales people, ive bought 5 of my guns from my store...mainly because of my discount otherwise our prices are stupid to..
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I liked them at first.  I bought my CT through them and I actually renegotiated the price after I had agreed to one and had put it on layaway.  I subsequently brought them 5 customers and one of them bought 2 guns that day to the tune of $2500.00.  I went back the next day and asked about a 6940 which I intended to buy from them.  They were asking something like $2200, which was outrageous and they were completely against making me a deal.  I then asked if they could deal a 6920, which also was priced high, and they said no to that also.

So, essentially, I and my friends spent upwards of 5k over the course of a week there and they then told me to fuck off essentially.  That's why I only go in there to look at stuff and won't buy from them anymore...gun gallery now gets my business.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm sure they appreciate your business, however, it is just that! A business! This isn't UNICEF! All companies have to make money somewhere in order to keep the doors open and employ those salesman that everyone seems to love so much. It's great that they worked out a deal for you on your gun purchase, but it isn't fair for you to expect a "deal" every time. They don't have to mark it down but they do. So when you do get a deal, appreciate it and understand that not every gun has "wiggle room" in the price. Some guns are difficult to replace or the availability is so far out that they can't sell it for any less than sticker. Some guns are easy to get and that's why they can go down from the posted price. Salesmen understand that you as the consumer want to get the most gun for the least price, however you must understand that in order for there to be a place for you to haggle on such prices they must make a profit however big or small that may be. Some companies have a "meet it or beat it" policy so if you can find it cheaper somewhere else, let your salesman know and they'll tell you if they can accommodate your request or not. You have the option to say yes or no.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#41]
as of 8 months ago i knew each employee of shooters personally.  i can say out of the 16 or so people that worked there at that point maybe 3 or 4 actually knew guns (however most of those only knew one type/brand of gun), 8 or so were good "sales" people, and the rest were just queer for working in a gun shop or just there to run a register.  however, the selection available is worth overcoming the issues with the bad apples.  and the guys that keep the store stocked are very good at what they do. also the store is always clean which cant be said about many shops in town. i worked there through my slow work season and made sure there was always plenty of black rifle accessories and handgun accessories either in the store or on order.  however most of the "tactical" guys couldnt even explain how an ar15 functions.  i heard more stories about how to properly clear your house or how many "steps" you must have to keep a gun in a vehicle.  the lack of correction for this type of irrelevant information to a customer looking to purchase a firearm is the main reason i wont return to work with them this winter.  not only is this type of b.s. not necessary to help a customer pick the correct firearm for their needs but it may wind up being a liability if someone relies on this misinformation as the gospel.  i understand that good help can be hard to find but at some point you have to learn your product and how to service you customer efficiently so you can help the others waiting.  low prices will only get you so far.  i hope this doesnt come off as a slam against shooters because thats not what i intend.  i think shooters and gg are neck and neck for the best shop in north florida.  and the owner of shooters is a great guy as well as the store manager.  however i hope that they can get some really good employees that will take them to the next level.  nonetheless, jax has 2 great shops to buy from.  and most of us do all our homework before we buy anyways so just going into a store to prove how smart you are is crap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm sure they appreciate your business, however, it is just that! A business! This isn't UNICEF! All companies have to make money somewhere in order to keep the doors open and employ those salesman that everyone seems to love so much. It's great that they worked out a deal for you on your gun purchase, but it isn't fair for you to expect a "deal" every time. They don't have to mark it down but they do. So when you do get a deal, appreciate it and understand that not every gun has "wiggle room" in the price. Some guns are difficult to replace or the availability is so far out that they can't sell it for any less than sticker. Some guns are easy to get and that's why they can go down from the posted price. Salesmen understand that you as the consumer want to get the most gun for the least price, however you must understand that in order for there to be a place for you to haggle on such prices they must make a profit however big or small that may be. Some companies have a "meet it or beat it" policy so if you can find it cheaper somewhere else, let your salesman know and they'll tell you if they can accommodate your request or not. You have the option to say yes or no.

I agree that it is a business, but as a businessman, I know how to take care of my good customers.  If that means that I cut some of my margin on a product because they have bought alot from me, put out good reviews, and bring me new customers so be it.

They tried to screw me on the USP and I was relieved that they were agreeable to negotiating with me.  But if I bring a company alot of business, damn right I expect to be thanked in the form of discounts.  You know as well as I how much they bought that 6940 for; they had it marked up more than $500.  Would it have killed them to knock it down a bit after I had brought them $5000 in business in 1 week?! Hell no.  Companies earn my business, its not a given.

Let me give you an example of good customer service and why I will be going back to Gun Gallery.  A few weeks ago, I needed to get ahold of a black VLTOR Emod stock.  Nobody in Florida had one in black the weekend I needed it.  Neil got a hold of me on here and told me he would take the stock off of a BRAND NEW RIFLE and sell it to me, that he was expecting a shipment and he would simply put one that he received back on the rifle.  He went out of his way to help me and as a reward I also bought an $1100 ACOG from them that day.  Take care of me and I'll take care of you.  I will be going back to Gun Gallery because Neil went out of his way to help me and I have a feeling he'll help me out again on a price in the future.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I've had nothing but good experiences there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Cool so he charged you retail on the scope?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow. I guess it is all in who you know.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Wow. I guess it is all in who you know.

I know you. What I get?

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Who said it was a joke it was an honest question. After talking with another member the only reason I put the wink in so everyone didn't take the question the wrong way and think I was being a smart ass.

Next time I'll I.M. anyone that I may have a question for so I don't ruffle any feathers.

On a personal note I think everyone needs to put things into perspective we as consumers or employees and not the owners of any gun store for that matter can and do choose to spend our money where and when we like. For me this is influenced by many factors the item,cost, etc.

Link Posted: 9/8/2009 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have a low tolerance for ignorant sales staff.

This is how I feel too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top