Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 3:20:57 PM EDT
Iv heard that gogogadgets sold out to shoeless ventures.Will they still make the Fab-10?

I went to gold coast in huntington beach and they dont sell the fab-10 anymore they said because they had a dispute with shoeless ventures.

Does anyone know where i can get the Fab-10 locally in SO.Kali?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
www.redstarmuseum.com was selling them. They're in Culver City.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
CMG Engine Service and GoGoGadgets.net were bought by Shoeless Ventures. Shoeless Ventures has done some minor modifications to the FAB-10 (no more stupid Kilroy on the side.. made some weird stripper clip guide) and no longer offers the FAB-10 in custom colors. The Fire and Safe markings are no longer in white and red, the whole lower is coated with gloss black powdercoat (If the coating were perfectly even I would consider doing the same to my upper, but I'm leaning towards removing the powder coating and having it anodized to match the Bushy upper) The magazine is not some special Colt factory 10-round magazine as some people have claimed - they are cut-down LE/military 30-round magazines.

Before anyone comes on and claims that the FAB-10s suck because they are castings - the FAB-10s are FORGED not cast, regard anyone who makes such claims as uninformed.

The people at Shoeless Ventures have been nice to deal with, though sometimes late to answer emails and voicemails. The dealer cost for the FAB-10 is around $220 each (for a single lower). I bought mine from Trader Sports for $300, after retail markup. I had problems purchasing through local FFLs.. I tried 4 of them but they were paranoid about touching the FAB-10 for some reason.

Complaints about my FAB-10 are as follows:
-The pop rivet prevented the magazine from holding 10 rounds with the upper closed - removal of the pop-rivet fixed the problem. Grinding a notch in the front of the follower would have the same effect, and remain legal - removal of the pop-rivet makes the lower illegal.
-I have had 1 failure to feed (out of 250+ rounds) because the second to last bullet was not seated properly in the magazine - the follower had it's anti-tilt legs ground down to fit into the magazine well, and was tilting back slightly on that one incident.
-The powder coat is too glossy, but still looks good.

-Lee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top