Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 4:57:18 PM EDT
I asked Patty in the Fab10 industry forum if Shoeless Ventures would consider an AR10 type lower.

She said that it's on their short list!

I don't know about you, but I want a couple.

I suggested this to the previous owners/manufacturers of the FAB10 to see if they could/would do it. But I think they got bought out before it could take off. He also talked about pistol caliber lowers too.

So, would you be interested in a 7.62x51/.308 lower?

Maybe I should add a poll?

ETA poll added.

If we show some interest, it just might convince them that they can make some money by doing this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds can it fit though ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
And it has to work better than the .223 lower,lol.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If they mad a synthetic lower similar to the cav-arms, but the mag was part of the receiver instead, then yes.  It could be other wise just like a regular ar15 ie. changeable pistol grips and buttstocks.  Of course it would need to be a 10rnder just my 2cents
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
man, what the hell for????  get urself a M1a and use your Grandfathered 20rd mags. instead of this bullshit 10rd top feed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
man, what the hell for????  get urself a M1a and use your Grandfathered 20rd mags. instead of this bullshit 10rd top feed.

Christ on a crutch!

I have two M1A's. One is on order, the other works flawlessly.

I have two Fab10's. Both work flawlessly.

I have several real AR15's. Once again, flawless.

I do not have an AR10 or BAR10. I want one! Or two! They were not available in my neck of the woods before the CA ban went into effect.

Why would anyone question my firearms purchases? If you don't like 'em, thanks for your opinion.

Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And it has to work better than the .223 lower,lol.

I have never had one single feed or function problem with both of my FAB10 lowers.

One is pre Shoeless Ventures. The other is a Shoeless Ventures, it has not been used as much, but has shown no problems so far.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

ETA do you think that I would be pushing for this if I had a bad experience with the Fab10?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I spoke with michael awhile back in october. He tells me that he's ready to roll on the machining part but is waiting on the other side of the deal with Armalite.  Appearantly the owner of Armalite was on a vacation and has never gotten back to him about the ar-10 bodies.. I think I was the first person to ever asked of Fab10 for the .308 build.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh, maybe if loading it was somehow better..
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I spoke with michael awhile back in october. He tells me that he's ready to roll on the machining part but is waiting on the other side of the deal with Armalite.  Appearantly the owner of Armalite was on a vacation and has never gotten back to him about the ar-10 bodies.. I think I was the first person to ever asked of Fab10 for the .308 build.

It's been mentioned since June of last year for pistol caliber, FABAR-10, etc.

Took a while to get the thing going, but interesting nonetheless. I'd go for it if it held 10 rounds, but since it's probably going to be a sealed magazine well again I'd expect around.. oh.. 7? 8 rounds?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been mentioned since June of last year for pistol caliber, FABAR-10, etc.

Took a while to get the thing going, but interesting nonetheless. I'd go for it if it held 10 rounds, but since it's probably going to be a sealed magazine well again I'd expect around.. oh.. 7? 8 rounds?

I spoke with micheal of the build back in late 03'...first he just ask me how many people's going to want a .308 lower and for about what price range would we want to pay.  I just kept in touch with him to see if any progress is being done yet
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#12]
One the side note, I still want him to work on the detachable .22LR mag lower he promised to make a while back.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
i might buy one if he could make one that doesnt jam every 5th round
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay we all know that they've got to use a quality magazine to start with.

The Armalite uses a modified M14 mag.

The Bushmaster uses a standard FAL mag.

So depending upon which system they go with,  if they incorporate a HIGH QUALITY magazine, it should function properly.

(Just a suggestion to Shoeless Ventures. Please don't use crappy mags!)

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I have always wanted an ar10 for long range shooting i tried to buy one before the ban but too late to find one.If a lower comes out i might buy one just really dont want to see an overpriced lower(like the fab10).If the price is right i WILL buy one
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, but the poll up there looks funny. I see 25 total vote but 13+3+7 !=25 and there is black bar on No and Hell no but they show 0%.
Just curious
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, the poll does look funny. I've noticed this on other polls too. I don't get it.

Looks like there's two votes missing. And the bar graph shows something in the last column (you bastards!).
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay we all know that they've got to use a quality magazine to start with.

The Armalite uses a modified M14 mag.

The Bushmaster uses a standard FAL mag.

So depending upon which system they go with,  if they incorporate a HIGH QUALITY magazine, it should function properly.

(Just a suggestion to Shoeless Ventures. Please don't use crappy mags!)

Edited for spelling.

[ROFL1]I'm pretty sure Michael only uses top of the line magazines.  I'll check with him exactly though if you'd like.

Patty

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah, the poll does look funny. I've noticed this on other polls too. I don't get it.

Looks like there's two votes missing. And the bar graph shows something in the last column (you bastards!).

You can vote without picking an item, which accounts for the missing votes. Furthermore, the vote software is buggy and attributes non-votes to the fifth bar in graph and the percentages count against all votes placed whether they counted or not, so the total will be less than 100% if a non-vote type vote was placed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:I'm pretty sure Michael only uses top of the line magazines.  I'll check with him exactly though if you'd like.

Patty

ShoeLess Ventures uses LEO magazines - new out of the wrapper.  Patty

i pulled mine to clean it and when i saw the leo markings i realized it was the nicest mag id own in this state.
ETA: hey patty they cut those mags right? im wondering if i could get the other half so i could weld it to the bottom of my fab10 so it wont look so wack. thatd be great if i could, and if not thats ok too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#24]
ok i called no answer. i will try again tho! i have inspired myself and i think thatd be cool to do to my gun
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christ on a crutch!

I have two M1A's. One is on order, the other works flawlessly.

I have two Fab10's. Both work flawlessly.

I have several real AR15's. Once again, flawless.

I do not have an AR10 or BAR10. I want one! Or two! They were not available in my neck of the woods before the CA ban went into effect.

Why would anyone question my firearms purchases? If you don't like 'em, thanks for your opinion.

I agree with akjunkie.  And I'll add: if you want a .223, even a Ruger Mini 14 or Ranch beats the heck out of a nutered AR.  Now, I also own an SP1 and a SA M1a, I'd buy more of either (real ones, if I could), but I wouldn't waste a dime on that Fab10 junk.

Homer, why would I question your firearms purchases, YOU ASKED.  You're welcome for my opinon.

Fab10's run great? Not from what I've read on this board.  AND from what I've read, the Company's answer to every problem "it's the upper".  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#27]
www.50bmgstore.com/images/M82A1CAL.jpg

.. could be a better option..
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with akjunkie.  And I'll add: if you want a .223, even a Ruger Mini 14 or Ranch beats the heck out of a nutered AR.  Now, I also own an SP1 and a SA M1a, I'd buy more of either (real ones, if I could), but I wouldn't waste a dime on that Fab10 junk.

Homer, why would I question your firearms purchases, YOU ASKED.  You're welcome for my opinon.

Fab10's run great? Not from what I've read on this board.  AND from what I've read, the Company's answer to every problem "it's the upper".  

Maybe I just got lucky with mine, but both work great. I really don't think that the upper can conclusively be blamed for any problems without some extensive analysis. Maybe check to see that the mag spring is in correctly. Start simple. My first Fab10 has a Promag steel mag with a green follower. I was very leary of this and contacted the manufacturer (at the time it was Gogogadgets). He assured me that it would work or he would replace it with a USGI for free. It seriously has worked without a hitch so far. The newer one looks to be an alloy USGI or similar. Fewer rounds down the tube, but so far, so good. All of my uppers are Colt, Bushmaster or Rock River factory uppers.

I never "ASKED" anyone to question anything.

I asked if anyone would be interested in one or not. You are entitled and encouraged to post opinions. Hey, if there are QC issues, I want to know too. My money is just as hard earned as yours.

And I'll add, we ain't talking about .223's. Generally mini 14's suck ass without some work too. They do feed and are usually reliable, but are notoriously inaccurate from my experience.

Did you try and get an AR10 before the ban? I did. Well before the ban I was told by a distributor who was selling Eagle lowers that Armalite had refused to import AR10 receivers into CA. It would never happen. I never saw one for sale in  northern CA.

Why would anyone question a chance to get an AR10 in this hole? Even if it is "neutered". My personal preference would be bench shooting anyway.

Since we're just throwing out unsolicited opinions that have nothing to do with the topic, I think that a fake cosmetic mag extension would be completely lame.

One other item. In this wonderful state, unless I misunderstand the law, anyone under 16 cannot legally use an assault weapon. So this was my way of letting my kids go to the range and use my weapons without any questions. Because I would never break the friggin' rules. I know, paranoid. But in my county, you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.

Can't we all just get along?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Let me inject some basic AR15 wisdom here.

The anti-tilt legs on the USGI followers are there for a reason.  These are cut-off in the FAB-10.  If these were there, there would be no feeding issues.  I'd like to see Mindless ventures fix their AR15 lower (magwell long enough to accomidate USGI follower with anti-tilt legs intact), I know I'd buy atleast 1 more, maybe 2.    As for .308/7.62x51mm, I'd rather have a FAL.

On a side note, their current lower with a full USGI green follower fits 6 rounds.  On some of them you can jam 7 in but there is no room for the bolt carrier to push the rounds down as it comes rearward.  Atleast they all feed reliably.

I've recently modified a Magpul enhanced follower to allow 9 round capacity (with a little extra room for rounds to be pushed down by BC, not enough for 10 though) and still give full anti-tilt function.  Feeding is flawless.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I have four FABs, all run great. Never a problem. And i would never, ever, own a Ruger Mini-anything
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top