Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 3:32:02 PM EDT
I have a lower that I would like to sell possibly to another state.  When I sell it, can the buyer's FFL send me a copy of his FFL license? Or does it  have to go to my FFL dealer??  Can I ship it outright to the buyer's FFL or do I have to ship FFL to FFL ???  If I can ship it from my house to the buyer's FFL, can I just send the lower?  Or do I have to send any of my personal info???  Like my driver's license perhaps???

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked a couple people that have FFL's but I can't get a straight answer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I just recently sold one to a guy in Florida. Honestly unless I REALLLLLY want to sell what I have or trade for what is being offered, I never transfer from one FFL to another. You can do it either way. What you have to make sure of is to tell the buyer they have to pick an FFL that will accept shipment from a NON-FFL holder. it shouldnt be hard for them, and well if it is, and you dont want to spend the money to ship FFL to FFL then just wait for someone else to come along to make the buy.

When you mail it out, you really want to insure it, just incase something happens to the package and it gets lost, stolen or destroyed.

Package it VERY VERY well, LOTS of padding. Most of the time the word Fragile just means "kick harder" to the delivery guys.

I would include a photocopy of your license when you send the weapon. I have had times when it really wasnt necessary, and then there were times that I didnt send it and they were screwing over my buyer because they had no proof where the gun came from. Just end the drama before it starts, copy the ID and send it with the package. Nothing is more depressing than to pay for a gun, pay for shipping, wait 24 hours, only to get to the dealer and be told you cant have your toy *oh yeah, its 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon and they arent open on weekends* until the seller sends them a copy of their ID.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a lower that I would like to sell possibly to another state.  When I sell it, can the buyer's FFL send me a copy of his FFL license? Or does it  have to go to my FFL dealer??  Can I ship it outright to the buyer's FFL or do I have to ship FFL to FFL ???  If I can ship it from my house to the buyer's FFL, can I just send the lower?  Or do I have to send any of my personal info???  Like my driver's license perhaps???

Thanks.

No , no, and no.

You can legally ship a Long gun - (or receiver) directly TO an FFL.

Get the FFL  number for the dealer you are shipping to - and use the ATF EZ check to verify the address.

www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

Ship it insured - signature required. (Fedex or UPS)

Keep your shipping receipt as proof.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top