Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 8:55:08 PM EDT
Well is this telling us here in Alaska anything that we do not already know?  If a compamy wants our business there are ways other than raping us on postage or not shipping to us at all...IE Ammoman.

http://www.adn.com/money/story/7301475p-7213231c.html
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a reason they didn't mention the USPS?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Redmond, Wash.-based Eddie Bauer's policy is to pass shipping costs on to customers, company spokeswoman Lisa Erickson said. That means the clothing and outdoor gear company charges the extra $25 for shipping to metro Alaska, or $40 to rural Alaska, that UPS charges. Or customers can ground-ship via the U.S. Postal Service.

What a crock of shit

I have shipped and had many items shipped to and from the lower 48 through UPS and have never had a surcharge tacked on like that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I just found out that Drugstore.com is now charging a $10.00 surcharge for any orders ging to Alaska.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just found out that Drugstore.com is now charging a $10.00 surcharge for any orders ging to Alaska.  

Another company I will not do business with
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, looking into freight shipping ammo up to Fairbanks, there was a 14% fuel surcharge on the ground portion.  The local bush airline up here is charging at least 10% fuel surcharge.  Of course these came about only due to the hiked up rates on fuel lately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top