Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:48 AM EDT
Can u ship another rifle to a PA resident without using a dealer ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:14:28 PM EDT
short answer is yes. I have done but the only thing i ask is to get a copy of there drivers lic. Just to be sure the person is old enough.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:29:21 PM EDT
I am not going to say yes or no. Instead, here are a couple phone numbers for you to try before you do something silly (Like believe something you read on the internet)...........

BATF Help Desk: (888) 283-6427

PA State Police Firearms Unit: (717) 783-5598
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:55:31 PM EDT
Aside from the law, I wouldn't just for the sake of being responsible. At least face to face you can get a feel for the guy. You don't know who you're shipping it to.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:20:12 PM EDT
Fedex will ask if it's going to a FFL.

You can always ask the guy for a copy of his D.L. and C.C.W.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:38:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By phillymatt:
Fedex will ask if it's going to a FFL.

You can always ask the guy for a copy of his D.L. and C.C.W.

And you know that it's his DL and CCW how?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:59:48 AM EDT
I've never heard of a case for a fake CCW.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 11:12:34 AM EDT by clubsoda22]
if you're not meeting face to face, you're just getting copies. Easily altered.

You mean to tell me with 30 seconds in photoshop this wouldn't look passable as a fax or photocopy?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:48:32 AM EDT
Since your DL an CCW have your address on it and your shipping the rifle to that address I would say no. It's as simple as a phone call for most people.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:56:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 12:22:25 PM EDT by phillymatt]
It took me 3 minutes to find out you're name is Marc Seltzer you goto school in Chester, you DOB is 2/22/85 and you're a vol. EMT and a nursing student.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:42:50 PM EDT
But you're saying for someone who does not have a CCW they couldn't fabricate one in 30 seconds?

Photo identification has no meaning if you can't see the person.

My information is easily available as it's in my online profile. Speaking of which, i have to change my AOL profile as it's out of date. Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:25:05 PM EDT
What I'm saying is you can find out if he is who he says he is. That sentence sucked. LOL
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:14:46 PM EDT
its not the best thing to do.say joe blow gets on the site, emails you hey im in pa can you ship it to me?he sends you funds, copys of his credentials,address.all good. ups and fed ex then need to be told what your shipping.you say gun parts,fishing poles whatever.thats strike one,you need to tell them whats in the box, and declare a value.you pay extra for that.case in point the pacage gets STOLEN OR LOST some scum bag now has your gun ..whatever.now your out a gun, you have to refund money,and you cant go to ups or fed ex and say...my guns lost! what gun? you said you were shipping gun parts.you have to fill out forms,they want to know contents.or say everything goes fine with the shipping,joe gets gun, promptly gives it to his cousin who happens to be on parole for kickin the shit outta his wife.he goes to her house, shoots her in the chest.strike 2 STRAW PURCHASE.i know,its not your fault, you did no wrong.when joe backs his ass up and says, i got it from this guy on ar15.com,you will be contacted by the man, you can bet on that.ok lets say joe is really a towel head, intent on killing,has false id ect(by the way a pa carry permit is not nessasary for ANY PURCHASE OF A FIRE ARM IN THE STATE OF PA,if you dont belive me, try chassing a check at a bank when they ask you for 2 forms of id, it hase to be state issued or fed id. your carry permit is county issue)if you do it to cya, thats fine. then the towel head gets your gun kills someone who is not of his ilk.the state of pa only tracks the last sale of a gun.....you guessed it....it goes straight back to you. it would say its strike 3
anyone, in my opinion, who will not meet ftf or have it shipped to a ffl has something to hide.....be very carefull in who you deal with in this day and age....i my self have met people halfway across the state,its only a few hours of your day, you get to meet cool people,you get a satisfaction of knowing you followed the 68 gca,protecting ftf transactions,my advice dont ship guns to people,ship to a ffl
sorry hadda get that off my chest
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:31:37 PM EDT

anyone, in my opinion, who will not meet ftf or have it shipped to a ffl has something to hide.....

I just tried to buy a lower off the board from another PA resident, he did not want to do it, which was fine. I had nothing to hide, was only tring to save a few bucks. My local dealers will not give up there FFL to a private citizen, they will only accept firearms from another FFL. I did not want to spend the money for the sellers FFL and my FFL transfer. That turns a $100 AR lower in to a $150-180 lower after all the fees.

you get a satisfaction of knowing you followed the 68 gca

from what I have read that by shipping a rifle to another state resident is following the 1968 Gun Control Act. Maybe I am wrong
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:06:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 9:17:24 PM EDT by elray]
why didnt you try to meet ftf? he has every right (im assuming you wanted him to ship to you)to say no way. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE THAN LET PEOPLE WHO ARE IN A BUSSINESS OF SELLING GUNS FOR A LIVING DO THERE JOBS,THEY PAY ALOT OF MONEY TO STAY IN BUSINESS AND LIKE IT OR NOT HAVE TO MAKE A PROFIT TOO.......................my suggestion would be try to find a dealer who will send ffl to non ffl, or get them to fax a copy.....its my understanding as a seller or buyer my rights to a private transaction is protected by the 68 gca,however,itsMY DUTY as a resposible gun owner to make sure im following the law,not the other guy.i then can sleep soundly at the end of the day,i dont need anyone questioning my transactions....thats my choice,not yours, im only one guy who dose not want the jackbooted thugs at my door at 3am.but what do i know?i know i have seen the worst possible outcomes of the situations we have been talking about.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:24:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 4:28:30 AM EDT by rocko]

Originally Posted By elray:
why didnt you try to meet ftf?

PA is a big state, dontcha know... Driving from SE PA to, say, Pittsburg is a bit impractical (and I actually did this to pick up my m11/9, since it wasn't clear if PA law would consider it a "firearm"). While an FTF may make people a bit more comfortable, realistically, you still have no idea that the person can legally own a firearm and is an otherwise law-abiding citizen. In fact, if it is a concern, one can argue that having record of a valid shipping address, as well as sending via method that requires signature for delivery offers more of a paper trail than meeting Joe Blow at a gunshow and having him flash you his PA DL.

But the point is, it wouldn't be illegal. And we have enough laws restricting our actions, especially in regards to gun control, that some folks don't feel it necessary to impose any additional restrictions on ourselves. But some may, which is understandable as well - the seller, of course, always have the right of refusal, which I can respect.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:55:03 AM EDT

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE THAN LET PEOPLE WHO ARE IN A BUSSINESS OF SELLING GUNS FOR A LIVING DO THERE JOBS,THEY PAY ALOT OF MONEY TO STAY IN BUSINESS AND LIKE IT OR NOT HAVE TO MAKE A PROFIT TOO.......................

Hey I tell you what, next time i want to buy a firearm from a private citizen I will call you so that you can pay for all the transfer fees. Don't knock someone who was tryin to save a few bucks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:01:25 AM EDT
knocking you? pony up for your own habbits,buddy.god your last comment really is not even worth repling too.first you feel sighted when i say mabye someone has some thing to hide?then you feel slighted when i say pay a ffl.if i was knocking you, id tell you.dont take it all personally.whatever,or do i dont care.i work for a ffl, and deal with all aspects of the business,i was offering the person who started this thread some advice,cuz hes a cool guy.you chime in with what you have to say. think whatever you want, im talking about somethings ive seen first hand.do whatever you want, i will not affect me.
as far as pa being a big state,if in my opinion,a good deal comes up i, as in me am willing to travel for my own enjoyment,thrill o the hunt and all.i have found if the seller or buyer wants what you have, you will work something out.personally,i live in harrisburg,its super easy to get on the turnpike, and get some one in the other end of the state to meet half way.if not, hell i take extra cash along, leave early,do the deal,and check out other gun shops in the sellers area. i have gotten some very good deals that way.im a collector,i enjoy my hobby,and the thrill of an adventure and getting cool guns is what its all about to me.
Top Top