Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2014 4:59:36 PM EDT
Who does one call to get one moved?  Selling my house soon (hopefully) and looking to buy one and use it to store my goodies in for a while and then sell it when I'm done (rather than pay for a storage unit) or keep it to build into a shed

Never dealt with this before.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking 20's anybody with a roll back wrecker can move them. If you are looking at 40's I have no idea. It's why the 40's often go for less than the 20's.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

I just saw an ad for Sourdough selling them.  Its like 3500 or so for a 20 and 175/hr for delivery on a 20' and 4100ish (I forgot) and 250/hr for delivery on a 40'.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a decent deal for a 20'. We load ours with a loader onto a regular flat deck trailer, 2-20's end to end. A rollback like sourdough has would be  easiest for you. Price sounds right.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Id check CL for a conex. I picked up a 40' high cube for $2500. To move it from Chugiak to Anc was $250. They gave me some BS about new management and when i moved it from Anc to Chugiak it was $400. Dropping it they had no problem. Picking it up they destroyed my fucking yard. That was Alaska Container Cache
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Wife doesn't like my idea of getting a connex now  Tried telling her I could turn around and sell it for the same price when we are done with it
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I trust them to be more secure and weatherproof than storage units up here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Leaks aren't hard to fix. They get REALLY hot in the summer and REALLY cold in the winter. When temps change they build up a bunch of condensation and it's almost raining inside. What i plan to do is take a large tarp and hang it from the ceiling and angled out towards the front of it so the condensation moves to the front into one bucket/container. Condensation starts to freeze and you get ice puddles building up.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't have those issues with mine, shits been nice and dry the past 3 years... Except when those faggots broke in last summer and stole all my reloading shit, tools and Legos.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Who the hell steals Legos??? Seriously?

The ones I've seen haven't had issues with condensation, but I've only seen a few.  Maybe you need a few more holes in yours so it breaths better  If I end up getting one and intend to keep it I'll probably turn it into a shed with a metal roof/carport type thing.  I'd be storing at my inlaws place and my FIL has had a hard-on for getting a connex for a long time but MIL won't let him.

WIN-WIN for both of us
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought  a Connex FOR my wife, Christmas present one year. she loves it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top