Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 2:09:14 PM EDT
I searched and came back with nothing. How do I go about shipping an AK to Dallas?

Can I remove the stock to make it shorter for the transport and just send it overnight?

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:48:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Nutro:
I searched and came back with nothing. How do I go about shipping an AK to Dallas?

Can I remove the stock to make it shorter for the transport and just send it overnight?

Sure. But why do you want to pay $$$$$ for overnight  when you could ship it Ground for $ ?

If you are shipping to a nonlicensee you are limited to UPS. If shipping to an FFL you can use USPS, FedEx or UPS.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html?srch_pos=3&srch_phr=handgun
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:07:51 PM EDT
I've had rifles shipped usps
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:33:09 PM EDT
So I have to buy a damn new box?

"All firearms are to be shipped in new corrugated packaging which meets the UPS Single Wall Box Strength Guidelines."
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:33:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Sure. But why do you want to pay $$$$$ for overnight  when you could ship it Ground for $ ?

If you are shipping to a nonlicensee you are limited to UPS. If shipping to an FFL you can use USPS, FedEx or UPS.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html?srch_pos=3&srch_phr=handgun

I was ignorant. I thought it HAD to be shipped overnight.

Hmm I might just have to meet the dude half way
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:24:45 PM EDT
So I have to buy a damn new box?

"All firearms are to be shipped in new corrugated packaging which meets the UPS Single Wall Box Strength Guidelines."

Just don't reuse a box that has seventyleven labels, stickers, rubber stamp marks etc on it.

You would be surprised to see how some people will pack a $1500 gun.
They'll reuse a box that should have been composted last year.

Two months ago I unboxed a $1000 Winchester Model 70 that had been wrapped in a cutup vinyl float tube.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:25:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

I was ignorant. I thought it HAD to be shipped overnight.

Hmm I might just have to meet the dude half way

FedEx and UPS want Next Day or Overnight for handgun shipments.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:02:20 AM EDT
tx to tx does not require and FFL. Rifles can be shiped usps.
Top Top