Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 10:46:49 AM EDT
Just ordered some 10rd Chip McCormack mags from the Sportsmens Guide, item WX2-70158.  I just received an email stating:

Thank you for your recent order with us here at The Guide.  Unfortunately, the following items are restricted to your billing zip code, therefore we can not ship these items to you:

- POWER MAG 10RD MAG

We have not billed your credit card for any restricted items.   We are sorry any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you would like to check stock on a particular item, call our Order Desk (1-800-882-2962) or our Customer Service Department (1-800-888-5222) to help you.

Thank you for shopping The Guide.

I called up Customer Service and was told there are mailing restrictions that they can't guarantee to the Caliban government.

UPDATE, just called CS again, she says they can't ship over 10rds to Caliban, according to legal section, so 9rds and below are ok. I asked about 10 being lower than over 10, and she said 10rds and over can't be shipped.

Anyone know what restrictions there are for shipping mags?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
To my understanding I thought 10rd mags could be shipped here but they couldn't be over 10rds. According to the lady you talked to, I'm wrong but they could just be covering there butts.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Just head over to eBay and get those 10rd, #30 mags
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ignorance rears its ugly head again. Obviously, Sportsmans Guide is wrong. Offer to send them a copy of the damned law if you want to press the issue. Otherwise, just take your business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like SG is losing some bidness, go to the costa mesa gun show this weekend and buy some from "bay area shooters supply" in the big building.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
While shopping in AZ at J&G Sales (the place that always has 4 page ads in the SG News) they said they will ship *any size* full capacity mags you want to CA with no problem.  

According to the salesman, the AZ Attorney General's office issued a statement along the lines of them not recognizing CA law, and therefore would not hassle any AZ businesses for shipping magazines to CA.  Its worth a shot (no pun intended).    
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ignorance rears its ugly head again. Obviously, Sportsmans Guide is wrong. Offer to send them a copy of the damned law if you want to press the issue. Otherwise, just take your business elsewhere.

I asked how to contact legal, and she replyed you can't.  I had just ordered some a few months ago, and just wanted a couple more.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Sportsmens Guide is whacked.

You'll notice that you can't ship anything .50 BMG here nor ANY night vision equipment.

Neither are banned, Nightvision Rifle Scopes with build-in (attached) IR illuminators are defined here as "sniper scopes" but can be imported for scientific research ... which isn't defined.

SG wasn't sending me my ammo because living in Corona a portion of the city was in LA country - the rest is in Riverside ... the part I lived in. I sent them a map with my address circled outside the LA county limits. They didn't care and sent me $25 instead.

Brownells sells the same magazines.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
That gives me an idea. I should call up Sportsmans Guide and try to order thousands of $$$ worth of "high capacity" 10-round mags, some .50 BMG, some night vision equipment, and whatever else their foolish legal dept. says they can't ship here.

Or even better.... BOYCOTT!!! That would probably have little support outside California, except for people who would support it on principle. At any rate, I think I'm going to write them a letter telling them why I won't be buying anything from them in the future.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SG wasn't sending me my ammo because living in Corona a portion of the city was in LA country - the rest is in Riverside ... the part I lived in. I sent them a map with my address circled outside the LA county limits. They didn't care and sent me $25 instead.

Paul can you tell me what part of Corona is considered LA County? I need a little education on this as I'd of bet my first born that in no possibly way is ANY part of Corona in LA County!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top