Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 9:54:51 PM EDT
I actually want to put a suppressor on my RRA and was curious if any of you have any recommendations for an FFL.  My local FFL is not able and I don't think anyone else in the Corbin area is either.  Any good dealers up towards Richmond or Lexington that can handle Form 3/4 transaction.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I only know of two in the Louisville area.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
How is their reputation?  Have you dealt with them personally and would you recommend them?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
if you contact the fellow below..I am sure he can probably help you.
He comes to just about all the local gunshows and brings his family along to help.  VERY FRIENDLY ......VERY.    I am trying to get the money together to buy a .22 suppressor from him.

Lebanon is not extremely far from Lex. and you could catch him at the next gun show around there if you need to.

www.mtgweapons.com
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
There is absolutely none in Richmond and I am 90% sure there isn't one in Lexington.  I met the guy from mtgweapons.com at the last gun show and he was extremely helpful with all things "quiet".

Blaker
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag...

I was just getting ready to post similar question.  
I want a SBR as well as a suppressor.

Anybody in Richmond (Madison County) been successful at getting approval from Sheriff Cochran?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I ask him about it when I got my CCW permit, and he said as long as I would let him shoot it.  I took that as a YES but you still should contact him for yourself to make sure.  We should get together  and go shooting sometime.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, we should go shoot.  Expecially since we also work at the same place, apparently.

I see in your sig line that you work @ Toyota.  I work for an onsite contractor there.  Where @ the plant do you work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]
IF you guys cant get anyone else to do it and its worth the drive I live in Whitley City its only about 30 min. from Corbin and hour from Ricmond and I will do your transfers. IF you have any ? just give me a call 606-521-3672 Kevin Douglas Firearms  FFL/SOT
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Kevin,
Thanks.  I'm sure I will have questions when the time arrives.  I still need to get down to the Sheriff's office and talk to him.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Kevin, I appreciate it.  I'll be in touch after I speak with my local Sheriff.  Hmmm, it is election time, wonder if he will be more likely to be supportive?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey fellas , i am in Richmond Sheriff Cochran says no worries ...as long as you are clean , he is pretty supportive of firearms for civvies...
Jeff
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I actually want to put a suppressor on my RRA and was curious if any of you have any recommendations for an FFL.  My local FFL is not able and I don't think anyone else in the Corbin area is either.  Any good dealers up towards Richmond or Lexington that can handle Form 3/4 transaction.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin

Why not Knob Creek?
Perhaps he can assist?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top