Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:55:05 PM EDT
Dang...What's up with these folks?

www.komotv.com/stories/42603.htm
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not much anymore, sounds like a really lame party to me. Glad I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
"It's the worst phone call a mom can get," Thorne said, crying. "She shouldn't have gone to the rave. I've never approved of those things. ... I just hope to God she's alive. And if she is, she's grounded for life."

Yeah, she shouldn't have gone dumbass, you should have said NO, who the fuck would let their 15 year old daughter go out to an all night rave party. This is tragic of course so I'm sorry for being hung up on that detail.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
He had a handgun, didn't say he used it.  Look out, your shotgun may make it onto an AWB!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
And of course:

"Kerlikowske said the gunman mainly used the 20-gauge pistol-grip shotgun, " a weapon not designed for hunting purposes but for hunting people.""

Hunting people. Is this the new anti-gun line? Where's your gun, Gil?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where's your gun, Gil?

I'll bet he's searaching every sand trap and water hazard at his favorite golf courses looking for it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The gunman also had a handgun, police said. Kerlikowske said the gunman mainly used the 20-gauge pistol-grip shotgun, " a weapon not designed for hunting purposes but for hunting people."

The gunman was wearing bandoliers of shells for the shotgun and carrying additional clips for the handgun. In his truck, police found an assault rife and multiple "banana clips" carrying 30 bullets each.

That's the rest of what he had to say, sounds like he was happy to have the opportunity to secure a few more anti gun votes, today is a great day for Gil, he's the best, long live the Chief.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The "party called "Better Off Undead" in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. Some of the guests were "made up to look as if they were dead," the chief said."

Tragedy.  Dude probably started peeking on acid, his mind started fucking with him and turned into a bad trip.  With all those zombies around...this was an accident waiting to happen.  Good thing he did not use any of the   clips.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Parents who allow their kids to look and act this way.
Parents who allow their kids to attend all night parties.

Yeah, it was the GUN'S fault...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yup, not the combination of drugs, death masks, loud noise, alcohol and morbid attitudes. Not the unsupervised kids. Not the permissive attitudes of the community.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]

...the gunman mainly used the 20-gauge pistol-grip shotgun, " a weapon not designed for hunting purposes but for hunting people."

...an assault rife and multiple "banana clips" carrying 30 bullets each.

Medics quickly took him away, leaving behind a few shotgun pellets on the floor where he had been lying.

Good to know the writers of "The A-Team" and Rambo movies have found work

Couldn't miss that they slipped this in-

The home, which according to King County property records is owned by a man named D. Gregg Doyle, is just a few blocks from Miller Community Center, where Little League baseball games were under way Saturday morning.

It's for the children....the poor children......
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Remember, friends don't let friends smoke crack and fire shotguns into large groups.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm guessing
Paranoia enducing drugs+Day of the Dead movie on DVD+lots of folks dressed up as zombies+1 nutcase = a bad scene...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm guessing
Paranoia enducing drugs+Day of the Dead movie on DVD+lots of folks dressed up as zombies+1 nutcase = a bad scene...

City Life....is just sucks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm guessing

I live in the city and I like it, and so do many others. I hope ya don't think that shity things only happen here, you have heard of Meth I assume, every time I hear of meth related crime and busts it's always in rural areas. Have you ever lived in Seattle?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Our friends at ceasfire are going to have fun with this. I was just watching the news and they stated that the perp had a assault rifle in the truck. I really enjoyed chief Girlykowski description of the evil 12 gauge shotgun
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
The pistol grips and banana clips kill again!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm guessing

That should read

Capital hill life....It sucks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, that was an intelligently written article.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, not the combination of drugs, death masks, loud noise, alcohol and morbid attitudes. Not the unsupervised kids. Not the permissive attitudes of the community.

A guy goes off and shoots a bunch of people and the important point is that underage kids shouldn't be at parties? This is about the bad parenting of the victim's?

How about we start with 100% of the blame on the perp, and then, as the facts come out, we can adjust our thinking. For all we know he snapped because some chick told him to fuck off.

Should those people have been at that party? I'm sure that some of them were plenty mature to handle it, and some weren't, just like any party. I'm sure that some of those kids should have been at home reading. But I can't see how that has anything to do with getting gunned down. Going to a costume party is not automatically putting yourself in harm's way for a shooting.

Bad victim parenting didn't pull the trigger. Bad victim parenting didn't reload. The bad man did those things.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#20]
shit,I leave town for a few days and look what happens
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A guy goes off and shoots a bunch of people and the important point is that underage kids shouldn't be at parties? This is about the bad parenting of the victim's?

How about we start with 100% of the blame on the perp, and then, as the facts come out, we can adjust our thinking. For all we know he snapped because some chick told him to fuck off.

Should those people have been at that party? I'm sure that some of them were plenty mature to handle it, and some weren't, just like any party. I'm sure that some of those kids should have been at home reading. But I can't see how that has anything to do with getting gunned down. Going to a costume party is not automatically putting yourself in harm's way for a shooting.

Bad victim parenting didn't pull the trigger. Bad victim parenting didn't reload. The bad man did those things.

I wish I could agree, but the truth is, if you create a bad enviornment, bad shit is gonna happen. Neither the perp nor the victims got what they needed to make good choices. With freedom comes responsibility.

There will always be predatory bad guys. There always has been. You never know when they will show up. I can't stand idiots who even pretend to be surprised. With proper upbringing, those kids would not have been victims. If you want to stay alive, you need survival skills. You have to be too hard to take down.

There is no such thing as a safe society. That is why I'll never leave my safety up to society.

The only thing exceptional about this is the level of violence. The fist fights, clubbings & knives are always there, but don't make the news.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#22]
The blame definitely belongs on the BG. If some kids died because of overdose then it would be their fault. They died because of the action of one person.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The blame definitely belongs on the BG. If some kids died because of overdose then it would be their fault. They died because of the action of one person.

Well good. Then we can drop the whole cultural thing.

Drug gangs are harmless, except for the deviant individuals who actually do the shooting. The drug dealers who sold those retards the drugs that alter their brain chemistry and shutdown or over stimulate vital brain functions are just harmless businessmen.

The Klan is harmless, except for the deviant people who go out and drag or lynch people. Those aren't really rallies, they're BBQs that celebrate the diversity of one particular sub-culture.

And of course, Islam is quite harmless as well. The terrorist training camps don't hurt anybody, just some of their deviant graduates. Women should expect to be beaten and stoned for being female. Christians should be executed for being Christian, after all, it's an attack on Islam.

Calling for the extermination of black/ white/ red/ brown/ jewish/ rich/ poor/ mentally-handicapped people never hurt anybody.

It seems to me that most of the people who run around killing other people have a head full of shit, but what do I know?

OK, I'm up to speed now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm guessing

I live in the city and I like it, and so do many others. I hope ya don't think that shity things only happen here, you have heard of Meth I assume, every time I hear of meth related crime and busts it's always in rural areas. Have you ever lived in Seattle?

Everytime I hear of another rolling meth lab bomb on wheels it's in the "city".  Every time I hear of a robbery gone bad or someone on a bus getting mugged it's in the "city".  Where do the vast majority of person to person crimes take place?  In more densely populated areas, cities and suburbs.

I think if you looked at the facts, the numbers, you'd see that in rural areas, while we do have our fair share of problems, that crime is overall much lower here, even with the meth problems.  Nobody ever moved away from the city because there wasn't enough crime or trouble.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drug gangs are harmless, except for the deviant individuals who actually do the shooting. The drug dealers who sold those retards the drugs that alter their brain chemistry and shutdown or over stimulate vital brain functions are just harmless businessmen.

The Klan is harmless, except for the deviant people who go out and drag or lynch people. Those aren't really rallies, they're BBQs that celebrate the diversity of one particular sub-culture.

And of course, Islam is quite harmless as well. The terrorist training camps don't hurt anybody, just some of their deviant graduates. Women should expect to be beaten and stoned for being female. Christians should be executed for being Christian, after all, it's an attack on Islam.

Calling for the extermination of black/ white/ red/ brown/ jewish/ rich/ poor/ mentally-handicapped people never hurt anybody.

It seems to me that most of the people who run around killing other people have a head full of shit, but what do I know?

OK, I'm up to speed now.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here.

It seems like you are saying that a society which has all night undead-themed costume parties ought to expect that bad people with guns will show up and start shooting at those parties.

This seems to be based on some connection you are drawing between being either a costume-party-goer or a BG and drug gangs, the Klan, Islamo-facism, and ethnic cleansing. Our society created the party, and it also created the gunman - I get that. However I don't see how the two relate to eachother - are you saying that pretending to be an undead person and dancing all night has a direct correlation to getting killed doing it?

I think we all have the right to attend costume parties. Even ALL NIGHT costume parties. If a whack job shows up and tries to kill everyone at the party, our lives are in our own hands, however I'm not expecting you, nor anyone else, to excuse even one one-millionth part of the blame based on the idea that we shouldn't have been at the party in the first place. That's just weird.

Where should we draw the line? At what point should we say that it's 100% entirely and totally the BG's fault? If it isn't in this case, where else should we look for blame? The irresponsible parents of the underage party goers? The other adults present? Should we look to the BG's parents? TV? The internet? Violent video games? Guns? How wide a net should we cast?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#26]

It looks like the people in the house had been here:

Date   From March 24, 2006 10:00 PM
Until March 25, 2006 4:00 AM
  march 24th 10pm - 4 am

1621 12th Ave
seattle, WA 98108   [map it!]

Info Line 206)309-8745
Website http://www.cowpunch.org

Description
march 24th 2006 better off undead ~
funshine productions brings you a night of terror
get ready to eat some brains!!!!

better off undead

zombie night ~
march 24th
Delta 9
Prophet
little terror [pdx )  with mc shank[pdx )
element 666
jimnicricket
adam sin
bobby Ritalin  with mcverbal
doughboy
tomswiftt
beefer
COWPUNCH

Come to our zombie/undead creature appreciation dance and rock out to
the e.d.m sounds pounding till the break of dawn~ Hardcore, Trance, uk hard house,
hard style, garage, and happy core will be playing
all night for all you zombie heads to romp around to.
It is 15.00 with an undead themed costume 20.00 with-out.
http://www.cowpunch.org zombie movies all night ~
for more info 206)309-8745
movie room hosted by webbwerx all your favorite slasher movies with a side of music runnin till 2 am !!
all ages if you are under 16 must be Accompanied by an adult (bring a sibling, mentor or a parent)
Please leave your drugs, alcohol, and weapons at home.
Please come in undead attire.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Seems like the folks at the Stranger are getting awfully worked up about total confiscation. I have to go to work, but here

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/

is a good place to tell them what's up with that. Don't even have to regiester. Keep the link cold.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here.

It seems like you are saying that a society which has all night undead-themed costume parties ought to expect that bad people with guns will show up and start shooting at those parties.

This seems to be based on some connection you are drawing between being either a costume-party-goer or a BG and drug gangs, the Klan, Islamo-facism, and ethnic cleansing. Our society created the party, and it also created the gunman - I get that. However I don't see how the two relate to eachother - are you saying that pretending to be an undead person and dancing all night has a direct correlation to getting killed doing it?

I think we all have the right to attend costume parties. Even ALL NIGHT costume parties. If a whack job shows up and tries to kill everyone at the party, our lives are in our own hands, however I'm not expecting you, nor anyone else, to excuse even one one-millionth part of the blame based on the idea that we shouldn't have been at the party in the first place. That's just weird.

Where should we draw the line? At what point should we say that it's 100% entirely and totally the BG's fault? If it isn't in this case, where else should we look for blame? The irresponsible parents of the underage party goers? The other adults present? Should we look to the BG's parents? TV? The internet? Violent video games? Guns? How wide a net should we cast?

The BG gets all the blame, but the party people set themselves up to be the victims.

In the heat of the moment, society can't be there for you. If you do dumb stuff, dumb things will happen to you.

Sell your guns and leave your door unlocked, you'll see what I mean, in time.

Mom let her 15yo daughter go to an all-night, mixed-sex party with adults, where drugs and alcohol were available. Something bad happened.  DUH, no shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I'm up to speed now.

What are you talking about?

Blame society? Blame culture? Blame parties? Blame Capitol Hill?

You lost me. How far out do you want to spread the blame for the actions of one shooter?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Please leave your drugs, alcohol, and weapons at home.

nothing more said
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been to late night raves, etc.  I think someone called it right when they say the guy had a bad trip.  It will be interesting when the toxicology results come out.  

Can you imagine tripping on acid, watching zombie movies and everyone around you is like looks like a monster?  WTF!!

BTW..I agree with bunny's arguement.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Seems like the folks at the Stranger are getting awfully worked up about total confiscation. I have to go to work, but here

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/

is a good place to tell them what's up with that. Don't even have to regiester. Keep the link cold.

I posted a response there. The people on that board are bunch of liberal pussys spewing a bunch of bullshit. I think that we should  lean on them a little
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#33]
What part of "Don't GO THERE" isn't making any sense here?
The whole idea of 'undead/slasher/zombies' type of a party is just begging for trouble from the get-go.
Unsupervised minors glorifying death and gory murder...great.
Parents without a clue.

This is about more than blaming the perp.
If innocent victims are shot in a bank robbery; since everybody needs to use a bank, then it's 100% BG.
If innocent victims are shot at a party; since parties are optional, somebody else gets a % of the 'blame'.  This time, it's the parents.
The BG here is a 'part of the scene' and should be expected to be a factored in % of the possibility for this type of crowd, personality, etc.
The parents weren't watching their kids close enough.
The rest of the crowd was either aware of the possiblity this kind of thing could happen based on the 'profile' of the party crowd, or were stupid enough to attend it anyway with the foreknowledge.

The BG here is a 100% LOSER.  
So are his parents.
So are the victims.
So are the victims' parents.

Be aware.  Make informed choices.  Don't be stupid.
If that fails; be ready to SHOOT BACK.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The whole idea of 'undead/slasher/zombies' type of a party is just begging for trouble from the get-go.
Parents without a clue.

If innocent victims are shot in a bank robbery; since everybody needs to use a bank, then it's 100% BG.
If innocent victims are shot at a party; since parties are optional, somebody else gets a % of the 'blame'.  This time, it's the parents.
The BG here is a 'part of the scene' and should be expected to be a factored in % of the possibility for this type of crowd, personality, etc.
The rest of the crowd was either aware of the possiblity this kind of thing could happen based on the 'profile' of the party crowd, or were stupid enough to attend it anyway with the foreknowledge.

So are his parents.
So are the victims.

Well said.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You lost me. How far out do you want to spread the blame for the actions of one shooter?

To the point where people refuse to be victims.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the point where people refuse to be victims.

Victims of society/culture/parenting or victims of this guy?:

Motive elusive in Capitol Hill massacre
Well-armed gunman left more weapons outside by truck

By MIKE LEWIS, ANGELA GALLOWAY AND HECTOR CASTRO
P-I REPORTERS

He left a Bushmaster assault rife, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a machete in reserve in his truck.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Victims of society/culture/parenting or victims of this guy?:

www.examiner.com/images/ap/small/small_NY11403270212.jpg</a>

Motive elusive in Capitol Hill massacre
Well-armed gunman left more weapons outside by truck

By MIKE LEWIS, ANGELA GALLOWAY AND HECTOR CASTRO
P-I REPORTERS

He left a Bushmaster assault rife, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a machete in reserve in his truck.

Him or one of the tens of thousands like him. People get murdered everyday. Only a few of the more spectacular ones get press. If we don't pass on survival skills, it will never stop.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Police also were tracing the firearms to determine where the gunman got them and how he was able to purchase so many rounds of ammunition without attracting attention.

don't like the sound of that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Police also were tracing the firearms to determine where the gunman got them and how he was able to purchase so many rounds of ammunition without attracting attention.

Nope. another move towards clamping down on gunshow purchases. A clever political step by the totalitarian control freaks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I had to give them a piece of my mind.  I know that many of you don't want to go to a site like The Stranger, so here is my drivel:

"The sickness that is violence starts _between_someone's_ears_, not at a gun show or a sporting goods store. A gun will never ask you for your wallet, rape you, your mother or sister, or kill 6 people at an after party. It takes a sick fucking twisted nutjob piece of human waste holding a gun to pull all that shit off. I would think that "enlightened progressives", as liberals like to call themsleves (sheesh), would know that. How sick is it to affix blame to an inanimate object? The one to blame killed himself in a supreme act of cowardice. He's not around to be mad at anymore? Too bad. A gun in the right hands could have stopped this horror cold, and you folks would be holding that person up as a hero, but one doesn't exist this time.

And, I'll probably get slapped with the "gun nut" label too. Fine. If believing in your right to defend yourself and your family with the best tool for the job and preparing with expensive training I've paid for out of my own pocket makes me a nut, than I am totally OK with that. That is perfectly fine with me. Sticks and stones, and all that bullshit. To those that would like to take away a law abiding citizens ability to defend themselves, if the need arises, and tell us to trust the police and the criminal justice system to protect us, I say you are blind. The facts and numbers don't support your utopian fantasies. The police couldn't protect six people, how can they protect 60,000, or you, or me? They can't! They will tell you they can't!

Pistol grip shotguns are common, and often used for deer and turkey hunting. This is the first time I, personally, have ever heard of a shotgun described with a pistol grip being used for a cold blooded murder.

Have a nice day.

Posted by YOPD - March 27, 2006 12:30 AM"

FWIW.  'Night all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Parents without a clue.

So are his parents.
So are the victims.

Well said.

I don't understand or really appreciate this subculture, either. But young adults simply getting together for a party of this nature is not compromising safety and certainly not a precursor to mass murder. I suppose if someone at an ARFcom shoot were to freak out and start shooting attendees, it would be the victims' fault for deciding to participate in an "optional" event. I mean what would you expect to happen with all those guns laying around, right?

Hey, Rebel Grey was a part of our scene, does that mean he is representative of all of us?

This blame the victims mentality is a bunch of crap.

PS I hope that none of you condemning these people have EVER celebrated Halloween or watched a horror movie.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Nor do I....

He probably only had 3 or 4 mags... but that is enough for them to all freak out about any more.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nor do I....

He probably only had 3 or 4 mags... but that is enough for them to all freak out about any more.

Being from Montana, he might carry that around with him normally.

I'm just passing speculation at this point, but a couple people I know from The Hill think a drug induced, pass out straight/wake up gay sexual encounter may be a factor.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm guessing

Everytime I hear of another rolling meth lab bomb on wheels it's in the "city".  Every time I hear of a robbery gone bad or someone on a bus getting mugged it's in the "city".  Where do the vast majority of person to person crimes take place?  In more densely populated areas, cities and suburbs.

I think if you looked at the facts, the numbers, you'd see that in rural areas, while we do have our fair share of problems, that crime is overall much lower here, even with the meth problems.  Nobody ever moved away from the city because there wasn't enough crime or trouble.

The crime in rural areas is just as bad if not worse here, I live in rural Okanogan County and with the exception of killings I'd say per capita its allot worse for the simple reason that there are fewer police and response times are measured in 45 minutes + with anything less than 40 minutes exceptional.  The other eason is that with fewer police its easier for bad guys to do bad as they know their chances of getting caught are slim to nil. There are lots of Meth problems here, there are quite a few labs. I'm told by the time the police know it, it has closed and moved.  With all of the Apple Warehouses and Dry Land Farming there is a over abundance of Anhydrous Ammonia in bulk.  People know it.  The sheds are getting hit all the time.  The spill over is crazy from the user/tweaker stealing stuff to support his/her habit to the cooks stealing the Ammonia.  Over here WE are our only protection.  My friend who is a sherrif said that if they removed all the people in jail from drug related crime we would have a pretty empty jail.  It seems real simple to me make people resposible not blame everything and everyone else.  The real crazy part is a good friend of mine who is a refrigeration man at one of the local sheds told me they wont even go to the crime area when the alarms go off untill the area has been secured by the police (when they finally get there) since one guy rushed down to the shed when a low refrigeration alarm went off and was face to face with a coupla strung out guys with pistols.  He told the police he let them go as he was not paid enough for this shit.  On another note we have a good friend who is in the Border Patrol in Arizona tell me they ran into some guy all strung out on Meth last week carrying a pistol who when they told him to stop, proceeded to pull out a pistol aim and shoot at them.  Their were 7 of them who all proceeded to open up on him with their M4's. Needless to say there is 1 less Meth user now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#46]
The gad guy had a machete!!! A MACHETE!!  We must ban machetes for the sake of the children! Maybe an important tool for law enforcement that needs to be considered, with the passing of the Patriot Act - anybody that buys a machete may be a murderer!

The sad fact is there are dead people due to an asshole/loser/fuckwad. Despite the "clips" or the shotgun with a pistol grip (only used for hunting people) or the machete, the people at the party were vicitims of a bad guy, a person that could have been killed had an "ARFCOM" type mentality existed in even one of the vicitims at the party.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#47]
In the anarchy, all the meth abusing criminals would get shot. The just man would not have to worry about being thrown in prison for defending his property.

[Sorry, I couldn't help myself.]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#48]
I think if you really want to get the liberals fired up, you need only remind them that the only thing that keeps a Bush from becoming a Stalin or Hitler is an society.  I'm not bashing Bush, just catering to their willingness to bash whoever is in charge.  I'md be curious on how they would respond on the Stranger to a question like that.

As a free-thinking moderate who doesn't align himself to any politicians agenda, the hardcore christian conservative types to scare me.  Only because they, just like the hardline liberals, want to impose their value systems on other and have no reservations about doing so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I believe it was Massachusetts this past year that the legislature had a bill that would have required the registration, with the local police, of all machetes on an annual basis.  You would have to register them as for agricultural purposes only, and pay a fee for each implement.  It may have even passed, I lost track of it.

So, at least one state is on top of this whole machete issue.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Boomer said:

I suppose if someone at an ARFcom shoot were to freak out and start shooting attendees, it would be the victims' fault for deciding to participate in an "optional" event.
I mean what would you expect to happen with all those guns laying around, right?

How long do you think THIS guy would be standing after pulling a stunt like that?  

I understand what else you were saying, but I have to agree with Da_Bunny that people have the option to refuse to be a victim.
And, I also agree with YOPD that 'A gun in the right hands could have stopped this horror cold, and you folks would be holding that person up as a hero, but one doesn't exist this time.'

We could play 'what if' all night long, so I'll say 'what if' some of these people just didn't entertain the idea of going to party like that in the first place?  or their parents were more aware of the things their kids do?  or...

That's all.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top