Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:28:09 PM EDT
Ok i want your guys opinions because I'm not sure If my close friends are telling me what I want to hear or what they really think.

This guy I know orderd some lowers and mags from my wife well both of us know him he's not a friend but is an aquantince that we've both known for a few years.

Anyway my wife let him pay 1/4 of the total bill as a down payment trying to make shure he's serious............. she places the order stuff arives today........ she calls and tells him his order is here.......... he tell's her I've decided not to buy the stuff I need to get my $300. back says he'll stop by tommorow....

Needless to say we're both a little pi$$ed.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to handle this............ I know how I want to handle it but I'm not sure thats the best way.......

Cant make up my mind if I'm being a dick or not.....

Let me know what you think.............
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:42:23 PM EDT
Tell him to go to hell. Keep his $300 as a restocking fee. Sell the lowers here. If you want to get rid of one let me know I might be interested.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:55:58 PM EDT
sounds like you made a special order for him, if you have a policy on special orders thats states theres a restocking fee or no refunds then he's beat for it, tell him to come up with the rest of the dough and give him a time limit, but if you don't have have the policy then its iffy, he may be able to win in small claims court and follow up with a tort claim for attorneys fees, but I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:02:24 PM EDT
Simple, return the order if possible. Deduct the restocking fee and shipping from his $300 and keep $50 for the trouble he put you through. Anything left - give it to him. He can't say a friggin' thing if he trys any legal BS cuz it won't get him anywhere!
Anyway, what have you got? Like Ark said, some your friends here might take them off your hands!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:11:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:
Tell him to go to hell. Keep his $300 as a restocking fee. Sell the lowers here. If you want to get rid of one let me know I might be interested.

I agree with ark on this one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:12:39 PM EDT
I would keep the money he made a special order then sell the lowers on the board.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:25:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ndenway:
sounds like you made a special order for him, if you have a policy on special orders thats states theres a restocking fee or no refunds then he's beat for it, tell him to come up with the rest of the dough and give him a time limit, but if you don't have have the policy then its iffy, he may be able to win in small claims court and follow up with a tort claim for attorneys fees, but I don't know for sure.

I do and he sighned the form stateing that he would forefit 25% of the TOTAL cost of the order for restocking fees and shipping cost anything left from the 25% would be at her discretion to return.

Honestly guys I'm not trying to run a sale ad in the Okie forum although I greatly apreciate the offers........... don't get me wrong I've got to sell this stuff I wish I could keep it all but I don't have the dough to spare right now....

I really wanted some input from you guys who all of you I've met I like and felt you would give me honest answers to wheather or not I was being a hard ass.......

I thought about seeing what the company would do about restocking but I don't really see it's their responsibility either...............

I aint walmart "lots of cash flow" and the guy who ordered the stuff knows this.... so I think ...............I'm going to go with my first thought and what most of you are telling me my hard ass line you ordered it you sighned the terms which are highlighted in yellow on both copys your loss..........

At what most restocking fees are by the time I send it back pay shipping and all that jazz their wont be much left anyway......... And most likely all I'll have is a pissed of suplier....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:22:37 PM EDT
Well......... I just got off the phone with mister unhappy a little while ago ...................

Being the nice guy I am I told him I would sell the stuff and whatever it cost me in lost money "intrest from my savings" I would refund him the difference....... which would be way less than the 25%........ I thought was more than fair..........trying to do some PR.........be nice for a change.

Well he proceeded to tell me that whas utterly ridiculous and called me about every 4 5 6 7 8 9 ......
letter word I've ever heard...... Then he told me to stick the entire order "4 complete RRA lowers with telestocks 1 with nm trigger other 3 with standard trigs and 20-30rnd mags" up my A$$
I don't think it will all fit.
And he hoped I choked on the $300 which by the way was a little less than 25% actually. He's going to bad mouth me blah blah blah.......

I asked him if he was positive he didn't want to buy the stuff or pay me whatever my losses were after I sold the stuff ..............

He said f.... no I would loose way more than that in buisness he wanted me to choke on it.......

So be aware I'm a bad guy and don't ever have dealings with me

WTF talk about a moron......... He special orders this stuff and want's me to eat the restocking fee
or just give him his money back and me deal with pedaling the stuff......

Maybee I am a bad guy but it looks like the profit margin just went way tfu

BTW intrest on 1200 aint that much over a year let alone however long it will take to sell the stuff... "I just don't see why I should eat it"...... talk about a dumb ass..........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:24:45 PM EDT

I do and he sighned the form stateing that he would forefit 25% of the TOTAL cost of the order for restocking fees and shipping cost anything left from the 25% would be at her discretion to return.

Sounds pretty straightforward to me, he made his choice, and you keep the deposit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:04:18 PM EDT
Outstanding!!, for you

He sounds like a big DICKHEAD
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 8:14:49 PM EDT by ark-and-spark]
I dont see your Add in the E.E. yet. Whats up with that?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:20:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By acman145acp:
"...... Then he told me to stick the entire order "4 complete RRA lowers with telestocks 1 with nm trigger other 3 with standard trigs and 20-30rnd mags" up my A$$

Let Ndenway have a go at it with his pork chop first, then they may fit!
They definitely would fit Mr. Unhappy's *ss, that's for sure. Sounds to me like he could put a garage door on his and then rent it out for warehouse space!
If you need to unload one of those lowers, shoot me a price and you may have a sale!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:55:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:
I dont see your Add in the E.E. yet. Whats up with that?

Call me crazy I'm going to give the dude till tomorow evening but if he don't call me and tell me he want's to pay for the rest of the order

well lets just say he called the wrong lowlife MF'r as he put it a low life MF'r cause he just gave me way way way way more money than my wife was going to make........

I'll be home around 430 tomorow afternoon an EE add will soon follow if I don't have payment in full.

my phone is ringing with dickheads number.........11:35

Well nevermind that He just called me back he don't want the shit as he called it and
I'm going to be sorry I treated him this way ............he's going to tell everyone how sorry I am and I'll get what's cuming to me for being a crook........ lots of bad words ensued Mostly from him....... I finally told him I knew where a gym was and if he felt that strong about it we could meet their tomorrow and he could have a free shot at the title.......... He again told me he hoped I choked on his money and either slamed the phone down or threw it up against the wall or stomped it or something destructive sounding ......anyway after this conversation I consider it settled cause I don't think his phone works anymore.......

I was mad earlier but now I'm kinda laughing....... I just don't see where I'm doing anything wrong........ maybee I am........The deal I offered him was way better than what a restocking fee would have cost

Dumb shit he just payed for the stuff I ordered for myself I really didn't have the money
for anyway
IM's to follow.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:17:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:

"...... Then he told me to stick the entire order "4 complete RRA lowers with telestocks 1 with nm trigger other 3 with standard trigs and 20-30rnd mags" up my A$$

You sick b@st@rd I gotta go to sleep with that thought in my head

They definitely would fit Mr. Unhappy's *ss, that's for sure. Sounds to me like he could put a garage door on his and then rent it out for warehouse space!
If you need to unload one of those lowers, shoot me a price and you may have a sale!

I'll talk to u guys tomorrow if i don't get what's cuming to me
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:21:30 PM EDT
I'd say you are totally in the right and this guy is a total DUMBASS for bitching at you even after signing the statement about the 25% restocking fee...

P.S. How much for one of those lowers?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:47:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:

You sick b@st@rd I gotta go to sleep with that thought in my head

I'll talk to u guys tomorrow if i don't get what's cuming to me

God damnit man, that shit ain't even funny in the slightest, acman don't even rank anywhere close to an ugly woman, and I've had more than my share of them, so I feel I'm a pretty good judge of ugly women.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:11:34 AM EDT
Next time on speacial orders, get 100% up fornt, and let them know that if tey back out of teh sale, there is a 50% restoking fee, like it or not.

Signed, Mr Asshole/satan himself....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:10:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By acman145acp: my phone is ringing with dickheads number.........11:35
we could meet their tomorrow and he could have a free shot at the title.......... He again told me he hoped I choked on his money and either slamed the phone down or threw it up against the wall or stomped it or something destructive sounding ......anyway after this conversation I consider it settled cause I don't think his phone works anymore.......

As Rick Flair says...."If you wanna be the man, you've gotta beat the man! I don't see acman layin down on this one, my moneys on him. And I about fell outta my chair laughin when you said "slamed the phone down or threw it up against the wall or stomped it or something destructive sounding ......anyway after this conversation I consider it settled cause I don't think his phone works anymore"

Seriously to me man, you're just tryin to cover your ass in this business transaction gone bad. There is nothing wrong with that and you'd be stupid not to. You have to look out for #1 cause noone else will. You covered your bases man. What an ass! Definately think about the 100% up front before you place the order. That'll cover you that much better. Jeeez.....the dude sounds like a real jerk.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:30:24 PM EDT
sounds like he made his bed ...................offer it for sale to recoup you expenses, keep a record of anything dealing with the items he reniged on(for future reference)
you didn't happen to tape record your conversations with butthead did you ? if you did that would show that you made an honest effort to complete the deal with him, and show his lack of respect for you and his lack of any class with dealing with other people
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:42:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ndenway:

God damnit man, that shit ain't even funny in the slightest, acman don't even rank anywhere close to an ugly woman, and I've had more than my share of them, so I feel I'm a pretty good judge of ugly women.

My apologies to Ndenway and acman for my stupid indiscretion. I'm an idiot!
Geez, I feel like such a dumb ass!
Dan
Top Top