Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/21/2003 3:06:36 PM EDT
A coworkers husband is looking at a Browning BAR Safari grade .30-06 with Bushnell scope 3-9x40, leather sling, swivel snaps. 1) Does anybody have one of these or similiar? b) If so, would you bring it Sat to CE for a demo? iii) Is $525 for one that is supposedly in real good (like new) condition? It is at a pawn shop. He assumes he can get this reduced a little. This is all the info I have on it.

Thanks,
ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:25:17 PM EDT
Davidson's (who I like to use as a reference) has them new for $758 sans scope and mounts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:27:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Davidson's (whom I like to use as a reference) has them new for $758 sans scope and mounts.

Watch your grammar. What are you, posting drunk?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:34:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BookHound:

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Davidson's (whom I like to use as a reference) has them new for $758 sans scope and mounts.

Watch your grammar. What are you, posting drunk?

I see they made you take English classes to become a mod...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:02:35 PM EDT
Bradd_D:
Correct usage of the word "Whom", in addition to usage of any French word, will cause a Southerner to yell at you. It would sound like the following:

"GIT OFF MY LAND!!"

Ahem.

The price sounds good to me. Nice rifles.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:18:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hobbit:
Bradd_D:
Correct usage of the word "Whom", in addition to usage of any French word, will cause a Southerner to yell at you. It would sound like the following:

"GIT OFF MY LAND!!"

Ahem.

The price sounds good to me. Nice rifles.
-Hobbit

Hehehe...
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:32:55 PM EDT
I am so glad I 'pre' qualified this thread by saying it was serious in the title, otherwise it might have gotten jacked or something. Glad I could provide a venue for English lessons.

Thanks Hobbit!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:52:46 PM EDT
There's a like new one on Gunbroker with no scope or rings for $550.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:21:13 PM EDT
I've got an uncle with a BAR Safari. Gonna see if I can get it for Saturday. I think the price could come down a bit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:12:03 PM EDT
Thanks yawl. Book I will let him know there is a chance. I can call him on Sat if it works out. Thanks.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:28:14 AM EDT
BookHound, I just got word that the guy looking for the Browning will not be able to make it to the shoot tomorrow. Thanks very much for the offer though!! I will call you tonite if I don't see a reply acknowledging this post. Thanks again!!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Top Top