Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2021 2:10:42 PM EDT
What a pathetic response to my concerns.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the 2020 Presidential election. I always appreciate hearing from my constituents.

I understand your concerns regarding the presidential election and the ensuing legal actions occurring in multiple states. On December 14, 2020, the Electoral College, in accordance with Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution, convened to elect the President and Vice President of the United States. As the constitutional body for determining the result of our presidential election, the electors voted 306 to 232 in favor of Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., thereby confirming Mr. Biden as the President-elect. I believe it is important that we honor the Electoral College’s determination to preserve America’s democratic principles.

Furthermore, I continue to believe that President Trump has the right to a legal review and every legal ballot must be counted for the sanctity of our nation’s electoral process, a critical component to the foundation of our Republic. As always, the American people should have the utmost confidence in how our elected representatives are chosen, and I have full confidence that the judicial system has the tools and institutions necessary to resolve any concerns about the election result and voter fraud.

I believe securing the American people’s trust and confidence in government is necessary and important in maintaining a well-functioning democracy. Rest assured that I will continue to advocate on behalf of the integrity and transparency of election results and will continue to work in the best interests of Alabama and America."

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that the Republicans in Office have No Concept of how Badly the Democrats will treat them if they get into power.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he’s just as worried about it as you are but has to navigate a complicated DC landscape.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
IMHO, Shelby has reached the point in life where no matter which party is in the majority, or who sits in the White House, he's not affected.  He still gets his $174,000 a year, plus benefits, plus "insider information."

So for him, it doesn't matter if Trump or Biden is President.

Its only when politicians like Shelby start feeling the same pinch that we feel, then he will start doing something to fight them.  But, it will be too late by then.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Shelby is a democrat, and only became a republican with his big showy "the party left me" speech when it became clear he could no longer be re-elected in AL as a democrat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Shelby is probably gone at the end of this term either thru age or getting voted out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shelby is probably gone at the end of this term either thru age or getting voted out.
View Quote

Only Republican getting a pass for this shit is Mo Brooks and maybe newby Tubberville.  Shelby is dead to me as is the party as a whole.  The days of the statesman is over, now we need a new party of pit fighters at a minimum.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
His response to me was luke warm.  He is swamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top