Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 4:07:30 AM EDT
I was listening to 1210 this morning and Spector was asked about his view on the AWB.  I damn near fell out of bed when he said that while he did support the 94 ban, he would not support it's continuation.  He indicated in essense, it was feel good legislation that did nothing to curb the problem of crime with firearms.  

Thought you all should know about this.  Spector has never been our friend but it appears that may have changed.  At least for now....

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have wrote Senator Spector many times regarding the now gone AW ban.  He stated over and over that he did not support the legislation and would not vot yea for a renewal.  He held true to his statement in March when the AW ban was passed as an amendment to the Gun Manufactures Protection Act.  He voted against that amendment and then voted against the overall bill after it was loaded down with anti-gun amendments.

That's about the only thing that Spector and I see eye to eye on.  He claims to be an independent thinker who is not tied to the philosphy of one party.  If that is the case he needs to make sure the R in front of his name is for Random, no Republican.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Spector knows that an “Assault Weapon” had nothing to do with his “Single Bullet Theory”.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Spector knows that an “Assault Weapon” had nothing to do with his “Single Bullet Theory”.

Magic bullet theory
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think his position has more to do with the fact that he caught a ton of flack for his '94 vote, and is ina tenuous posistion right now politically. Specter does whatever gets Specter the most milage at that moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top