Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 4:12:16 PM EST
Hi Everyone,

Can you sell rifles at a gun show without being a FFL dealer? I'm talking about selling a single rifle.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:42:00 PM EST
Yes

NOI
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:05:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By coltar1five:
Hi Everyone,

Can you sell rifles at a gun show without being a FFL dealer? I'm talking about selling a single rifle.

Thanks

According to NCGS 14-315.2 you are required to give copy of NCGS 14-315.1 to the purchaser or recipient of the firearm violation of section 14-315.2 is a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:36:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By JosephTurrisi:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

According to NCGS 14-315.2 you are required to give copy of NCGS 14-315.1 to the purchaser or recipient of the firearm violation of section 14-315.2 is a misdemeanor.
Read it again and pay attention to the Retail Commercial Sales part.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:02:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:04:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 5:15:01 PM EST by JosephTurrisi]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Read it again and pay attention to the Retail Commercial Sales part.

CHRIS

I don't need to read it again but you may need to § 14‑315.2. Warning upon sale or transfer of firearm to protect minor.

(a) Upon the retail commercial sale or transfer of any firearm, the seller or transferor shall deliver a written copy of G.S. 14‑315.1 to the purchaser or transferee.
Selling a firearm to a person at a gun show or anywhere else would fall under the transfer of a firearm part of sub section a. The law list two different examples 1 upon retail sales and 2 or transfer of any firearm.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:16:22 PM EST

I don't need to read it again but you may need to § 14‑315.2. Warning upon sale or transfer of firearm to protect minor.

(a) Upon the retail commercial sale or transfer of any firearm, the seller or transferor shall deliver a written copy of G.S. 14‑315.1 to the purchaser or transferee.
Selling a firearm to a person at a gun show or anywhere else would fall under the transfer of a firearm part of sub section a. The law list two different examples 1 upon retail sales and 2 or transfer of any firearm.

Well lets take it from the source
NC GS CHAP 14

§ 14‑315.2. Warning upon sale or transfer of firearm to protect minor.
retail commercial sale or transfer

(b) Any retail or wholesale store, shop, or sales outlet that sells firearms shall conspicuously post at each purchase counter the following warning in block letters not less than one inch in height the phrase: "IT IS UNLAWFUL TO STORE OR LEAVE A FIREARM THAT CAN BE DISCHARGED IN A MANNER THAT A REASONABLE PERSON SHOULD KNOW IS ACCESSIBLE TO A MINOR."

(c) A violation of subsection (a) or (b) of this section is a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1993, c. 558, s. 2; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 12.)

No mention of face to face sales.

NOI

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:38:38 PM EST
Yes

Just be prepared to be low-balled constantly, and have everyone finger-bang your rifle though.

or do the easy thing: The EE
Top Top