Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:04:33 PM EST
I live in IL & I'm an AR15.com member and I have a guy that wants to buy a long gun from me in Wisconsin. He lives right across the border and will drive to my home to pick up the firearm. If I'm not mistaken I can sell it to him with no problems or a need to go thou a FFL. I just need to get his DL info and give him my FOID info on a receipt to make it legal. That is what one dealer has told me but he didn't sound too reassuring. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:12:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 1:13:06 PM EST by Walkure]
No, that would be 100% ILLEGAL.

This is a federal matter - all interstate transactions MUST go through an FFL. There is no such thing as a (legal) interstate FTF transaction.

You would, however, be able to take the firearm across the border to a dealer in WI to transfer it to the recipient.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:22:25 PM EST
Yep. GCA ended all legal non-FFL interstate deals
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:25:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/7/2008 1:24:42 PM EST by 2footroper]
Thanks guys,
That FFL dealer must not know what he was talking about. He said you only need to go through a FFL on a used gun sale if it was a hand gun and not a long gun. i also checked with BATF and you are right.
Thanks again
Top Top