Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2004 8:31:57 PM EST
Hey all. I had a few questions on selling some of my firearms to other private citizens here in Maryland. I have my grandfathers 1917 Luger that a friend of the family wants to purchase from me. How do I go about doing this? Is there paperwork or local police involved? If I also have a few long rifles I want to sell what about those? Any help would be great.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:44:04 PM EST
Could be wrong, but I think you can transfer it at your local State Police Station.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:07:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:35:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dan44:
Could be wrong, but I think you can transfer it at your local State Police Station.

That's right, I have one in-process now that I'm selling to a cohort.

Take your gun, your customer and a check or money order for $10.00 to your local MSP barracks.
DO NOT take the gun in until/unless directed, leave it unloaded and locked in your vehicle.

They will have two forms for the buyer and one form for the seller to fill in. One of the officers went out to the truck with us and took the firearm's S/N. They take your money and the forms and send it all off to Pikesville for your perfunctory "Not dissapproved" stamp. They are supposed to let you know when it's "not disapproved" or "disapproved", which I believe is required to be within 8 days, or the transfer can take place annyway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:28:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
If its handgun you need to have a FFL or MDSP do the Xfer, that is unless its a C&R handgun. Then the buyer if he/she has a C&R can buy it from you direct.

You can't buy a curio pistol in MD with a curio license. Got to have a regular FFL/MSP transfer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:55:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By kingfish:

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
If its handgun you need to have a FFL or MDSP do the Xfer, that is unless its a C&R handgun. Then the buyer if he/she has a C&R can buy it from you direct.

You can't buy a curio pistol in MD with a curio license. Got to have a regular FFL/MSP transfer.

No true. You can purchase C&R's without going through a FFL or MDSP. I have purchased from 01 FFL's in MD WITHOUT filling out the MDSP paperwork. Have also mail ordered from outof state. It is perfectly legal to transfer a C&R classed handgun to a C&R holder as long as it is logged out of your bound book and you retain a copy of his C&R.

If in doubt call the Jessup barracks and ask.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:01:38 PM EST
Sweet Deal....There is a State Police Barracks down the street from me. I also have a C&R but the family friend does not so I guess I have to go the State Police Transfer route. Thanks for the help guys.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:15:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By -Mil-Surp-Phreak-:
Sweet Deal....There is a State Police Barracks down the street from me. I also have a C&R but the family friend does not so I guess I have to go the State Police Transfer route. Thanks for the help guys.

Joe

Don't forget to log it out.
Top Top