Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 4:36:53 AM EDT
Curious what some of you may use to buy/sell firearms in Alaska. I used Alaskalist to sell some non-firearms related items and was blown up with spam calls/texts for quite some time after. Besides random gun shows, LGS, or Alaskalist, what are some options that don't attract undesirables?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rosta97] [#1]
Originally Posted By staticpulse:
Curious what some of you may use to buy/sell firearms in Alaska. I used Alaskalist to sell some non-firearms related items and was blown up with spam calls/texts for quite some time after. Besides random gun shows, LGS, or Alaskalist, what are some options that don't attract undesirables?
View Quote

First I’d like to say fuck Alaska list. They advertise it as free then try to extort money out of you to delete the ad. And will keep bumping your ad so you keep getting calls. I still get calls about an ad I posted at least 2 years ago.

The new spot is an app called mewe. It’s a social media platform but you don’t have to use your real name or anything like that. And most people as far as I can tell use it just to sell guns. There are groups for different areas across the state.

ETA I have bought and sold some stuff on there. Only complaint I’d have is much like armslist back in the day not a lot of people want to buy things cash(especially high end things) they all want to trade.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I second that opinion on AlaskasList, from personal experience that guy is a fucking cunt with serious mental issues.

In any case....if I wanted to sell a gun, I'd probably just list it on arf, and a few other forums I trust like FalFiles, AKFiles, etc.  Just do the "no shipping" clause.

So, OP....whatcha selling?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By czechsix:
Yeah, I second that opinion on AlaskasList, from personal experience that guy is a fucking cunt with serious mental issues.

In any case....if I wanted to sell a gun, I'd probably just list it on arf, and a few other forums I trust like FalFiles, AKFiles, etc.  Just do the "no shipping" clause.

So, OP....whatcha selling?
View Quote

I've got two LMT defender sopmod lowers I was going to make builds with but haven't.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thirded on how bad Alaskas list is.  

Agreed on the mental issues.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
use Gunsalaska . alaskaslist just sucks .
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I use MeWe as well.  Stuff doesn't seem to move as fast.  I have bought on GunsAlaska but not tried to sell.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody tried APEX Auctions, ANC?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Guns Alaska and MeWe. Fuck Alaska’s list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top