Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2011 3:58:17 PM EDT
Over the last several months I have collected parts for a couple different builds. I built an A2 HBAR: it's fun, but too heavy to carry around for too long. I built an MFaux: it was also ok, just not my cup of tea. The MFaux has been dissolved for some kind of recon build. I also have a 723 clone in the works.

I did some calculations today, and if I liquidate my parts stash and my A2 I would have pretty close to enough money for a PredatAR. The PredatAR would fill the role of the recon-esque build and the lightweight 723 at the same time. I would miss the A2 HBAR a little, but I could cry on my PredatAR to console myself. This would knock me down from 2 ARs with 2 builds in progress to just 2 complete ARs (the other is an 18" barreled rifle).

Help me MOHTF! Do I sell it all for a PredatAR?  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2011 5:04:22 PM EDT by smullen]

Originally Posted By adamtheduke:

Over the last several months I have collected parts for a couple different builds. I built an A2 HBAR: it's fun, but too heavy to carry around for too long. I built an MFaux: it was also ok, just not my cup of tea. The MFaux has been dissolved for some kind of recon build. I also have a 723 clone in the works.

I did some calculations today, and if I liquidate my parts stash and my A2 I would have pretty close to enough money for a PredatAR. The PredatAR would fill the role of the recon-esque build and the lightweight 723 at the same time. I would miss the A2 HBAR a little, but I could cry on my PredatAR to console myself. This would knock me down from 2 ARs with 2 builds in progress to just 2 complete ARs (the other is an 18" barreled rifle).

I say go for it....

I don't think you'll be sorry...

Dibs on getting to shoot it second!!!  Wait, what part of Mo u in???

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:06:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By smullen:

I say go for it....

Yeah if your close you can come to our next get together!

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:29:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pumpkinheaver:

I say go for it....

Thanks for the invite! I'm in the KC area, although I regularly make it down to Springfield. Getting to shoot Kujoe's OBR lite is what started all of this.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:01:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pumpkinheaver:

I say go for it....

Dibs on getting to shoot it second!!! Wait, what part of Mo u in???

Thanks for the invite! I'm in the KC area, although I regularly make it down to Springfield. Getting to shoot Kujoe's OBR lite is what started all of this.
LOL, his Stealth was the 1st LT Rifle I ever shot too...  He gave me the addiction!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 8:35:46 PM EDT
I got two Larue stealths one a spr and the other a carbine.

I have thought this myself as I have a bushmaster and have thought about selling it to trade up to a predator.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 8:40:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thefreshman991:

I got two Larue stealths one a spr and the other a carbine.

I have thought this myself as I have a bushmaster and have thought about selling it to trade up to a predator.

Thas funny, I have two Bushys, ones brand new,  well about a year old, but I've never even fired it...  Just sits in the safe...  I thought about using it as tradebait too towards an OBR.... or Another Stealth...

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:26:07 AM EDT
I am always for trading up to higher quality equipment. I have from 6 carbines and 1 varmint rig down to an LWRC with some VLtor, LaRue, and Magpul to enhance flavor. SBR'd the lower and now have a 4.5" .22 upper, 22" varmint upper, and am now building an 8-9" 300AAC Blackout upper. One quality registered lower has endless possibilities!

Dumped 2-3 bolt rifles and some parts to get a .308 CMMG....while it's no OBR, I feel I upgraded a good amount!

Sprinkle in some AAC silencers, and the smile is semi-permanent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:03:50 AM EDT
i did it.  I sold a RRA (7.62x39- really fun to shoot!) and a DMPS (5.56 - my first ar15 build
) to buy order my PredatAR 5.56.  Quality stuff from what I hear. I can't wait to try her out!   I'm still waiting though, I'm on week seven.  In the mean time, i have a new sgl21 to keep me company.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:13:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By randybill:
i did it.  I sold a RRA (7.62x39- really fun to shoot!) and a DMPS (5.56 - my first ar15 build
) to buy order my PredatAR 5.56.  Quality stuff from what I hear. I can't wait to try her out!   I'm still waiting though, I'm on week seven.  In the mean time, i have a new sgl21 to keep me company.  

What will really piss you off is when it finally does ship and gets to your FFL and you get a delay off the 4473.... been there on other items
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:10:49 AM EDT
In for pics of rifles to be sold.

(Even though it's not a good idea for me to buy right now.)
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:29:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Noaccount:
Originally Posted By randybill:

What will really piss you off is when it finally does ship and gets to your FFL and you get a delay off the 4473.... been there on other items

with my luck i wouldn't be surprised!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:00:01 PM EDT
Get your order in soon...

If any of you saw "Top Shot" on Aug 9th, the wait time on the OBR's are about to go up.  It was featured in the season premier.  Check out this thread... it was pretty bitch.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/207580_LaRue_OBR_on_Top_Shot_NOW.html
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:38:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:
In for pics of rifles to be sold.

(Even though it's not a good idea for me to buy right now.)

Only one complete rifle, a complete lower, a stripped lower and some parts.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:13:00 AM EDT
not to wonder off topic but... where do you guys get together to shoot?  i'm in the Springfield area.  not that i have my pred 5.56 to shoot yet..
Top Top