Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:22:32 PM EDT
I'm going north through Seattle friday via I-5.  Last friday it was a crawl from Boeing field to the Snohomish river, I never got out of second gear!  I was about to go postal.

When does it start thinning out on fridays?  I'm 60 miles south so I'll leave an hour before it starts to lighten up.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm going north through Seattle friday via I-5.  Last friday it was a crawl from Boeing field to the Snohomish river, I never got out of second gear!  I was about to go postal.

When does it start thinning out on fridays?  I'm 60 miles south so I'll leave an hour before it starts to lighten up.

right around 2300 hours
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to leave Burien about 1830 hours on fridays to make it home to stanwood nonstop at a resonable speed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ugh. Friday is the worst traffic day. It seems to start earlier and end later. I exit I-5 before Seattle so can't give you a good time for traveling into or through but would guess 7 PM would be a little between people going home from work and heading back out to kick off the weekend.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd try to hit it 7 or later. Check traffic for accidents or major events before you leave.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I get on the I5 northbound near downtown about 6:45 and its usually okay by then. I take the express lanes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]
This would be a good excuse to get satellite radio, because hearing George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Jim Breuer and the like is the only thing that keeps me sane during times like that.

Alternatives include:

Practice some kind of Zen Transcendental Meditation
Drive an M923 series 5-ton 6X6 with a ring-mounted M2HB
Fly north via Kenmore Air, Horizon Airlines, etc.
Walk--it may be faster
Call in dead.

Otherwise, PCR-00 is correct.  Traffic kinda thins out by 2300.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
WSDOT is sometimes your friend.

Seattle Area Traffic
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CavVet's number is on my speed dial.

Quoted:
WSDOT is sometimes your friend.

Seattle Area Traffic

You can also easy type    smarttrek.org

And listen to KOMO 1000 traffic on "the fours".

On the worst Friday nights, its usually done by 1900. The key is to have an alternative route and be aware of where the problems are.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top