Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 2:29:24 PM EDT
Dang feels like a spring day out there...

and fires all over, here we go again....There has been fire trucks all over the highway for the last hour now. I dont think they know if they are coming or going...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it seems like as soon as they clear one it's time to go on another. Sucks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Their is one hell of a fire down my way........................ their is a wall of smoke in the sky for a llllllllloooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg way ..........I think the fire is in enus........
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
just heard on the news that wewoka has been evacuated, luckly theres nothing happening round here.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
just heard on the news that wewoka has been evacuated, luckly theres nothing happening round here.

MLW>"<

Dang, I knew that stuff was burning over that way...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
wewoka oklahoma just sent an all agencys teletype for any fire depts and subjects to come and help save the city it said. they need help asap, they have already lost many homes and many more will be lost if they dont get help asap.

here in the ardmore area we have had sveral fires that have burned homes, very bad day for fires for sure,  there is still a large fire where several agencys are fighting east of lake murry
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of fire trucks running around here to, but I don't see anything, and I don't smell any smoke, like last time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It seems like it's getting more and more difficult to fight these fires. If these foolish hilljacks don't quit lighting their burn barrels in the middle of a statewide burn ban and dry windy conditions, no amount of fire fighters is going to help us.

We've had 2 grass fires in our area today and luckily they were put out without too much headache. Of course, there's the old equipment factor and some of our stuff is still broken from the last round of major grass fires.

Then there's the fact that most people in the community don't want to volunteer to be a firefighter unless their house is threatened.

That's all I have for now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It seems like it's getting more and more difficult to fight these fires. If these foolish hilljacks don't quit lighting their burn barrels in the middle of a statewide burn ban and dry windy conditions, no amount of fire fighters is going to help us.

We've had 2 grass fires in our area today and luckily they were put out without too much headache. Of course, there's the old equipment factor and some of our stuff is still broken from the last round of major grass fires.

Then there's the fact that most people in the community don't want to volunteer to be a firefighter unless their house is threatened.

That's all I have for now.

its probably has a lot to do with cigs thrown out of vehicle on the highways.   Most fires start on the side of a highway.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Texas is burning as well.  The air here is thick with smoke.

One of the fires in OK was started by a man who struck a power line with his tractor - the sparks ignited the blaze.  Some of the others have been started by arsonists, which REALLY pisses me off.

I hope everyone near the blazes in OK and TX stays safe!!!  And God bless all those firefighters!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
makes me want to go do something,  but I would probably just get in the way
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Everybody say a prayer that the wind will die down and rain will happen soon!
I did find out green wheat makes one hell of a good fire stop!!!!!
If the wind doesn't pick up or change directions, my friend's land will be in good shape. But it looks like I am going to have to replace several line posts. Those creosote posts burn and burn and burn. We've got several burnt in half and just hanging on the wire!
It was a cigarette butt or arson that started the fire. It came off the county road and went east mostly!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top