Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/25/2007 11:18:44 AM EST
Bought a parts kit off an auction site a little while ago from RAPIDFIREPARTS seller Scott Goetez. Got the parts kit and it has missing/broken parts. Was labeled as an excellent shape, just needs reciever and FCG to build. Well that was not the case. It had missing/broken parts that where not listed in the ad. After several emails the seller did agree to refund $12 for the broken pistol grip he knew about but didnt mention in the ad. But will not do anything about the missing part, which happens to be a $40-50 part, which he also knew was missing from the kit and didnt mention in the ad. I stressed I would rather have the $40-50 part, but received no response to that. So I just thought I would pass on the info that we should all already know. Thats to make sure you ask questions prior to bidding on anything. Now I will admit I was late in sending the payment, I made a mistake and emailed consistently my intentions and apologized, sh#t happens. Wondering if maybe this was retaliation.

Just a fore warning if dealing with this person, ask all questions ahead of time.

I put the whole story on the my site for pictures , so you can see how it was kinda decieving.

http://www.customizedcreationz.com/firearms/screwedpurchases.html

Now for the ak build party guys, dont worry this isnt from the guy the kits are coming from. This was an individual person that I thought I could get a side folder from and save a few bucks. Just goes to show that I would rather pay a few bucks more and get it from some place I can count on.

Update to the site as well on the ak build party info.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:30:10 AM EST
man, that sucks

you still have an opoening for the build party?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:57:39 PM EST
What a SOB that seller.

This is the reason I do not buy on Gunbroker, unless it is a complete firearm and needs to be transferred.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:27:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 3:28:28 PM EST by glock24]
What individual part in your kit cost $40-$50?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:32:16 PM EST
It was the bolt. The carrier is there, but no bolt. Which sucks , as I believe I ll have to head space it as well. Looks like its truely a "parts kit".

Oh well.

As far as another opening, do you have everything or need everything ?

Probably best to just email me. Check out the ak build and I think my email or ph # I have on there.
Top Top