Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2003 9:24:32 PM EDT
Well after driving down to olympia and back, I get home start putting together my lower receiver. I'm putting in the triger guard pin, and its not wanting to go in. About half way through, I relize that the triger guard is upside down. I think " not that bad I'll just turn it around and hammer it back out". NOPE. Instead I spend fifteen minutes getting it even more stuck.

I'm thinking I'll need to have it drilled out. Can someone tell me who I should contact tommorow about getting this damned pin problem fixed? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to correct my stupidity?

Is this something that I could just get someone with a drill press to remove, or should I just take it to a gunsmith?

This comes at the worst time, got a notice today that my 1000rounds of ammo came in . Guess its gonna be a few more days.

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm working the Monroe show tomorrow, but I'd love to see what you've gotten yourself into...
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
hehehe.... I'd love to show you if'd you'll fix it for me.

If I show up at the show would I be able to get a triger guard roll pin, and a few used 30rd usgi mags?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Far as the shwo goes, trigger guard roll pin, no problem, USGI 30's at a reasonable price in decent shape, i.e. no cracked feed lips etc. maybe but dont hold yer breathe. To remove the roll pin "properly" you need a roll pin punch and something to support the "ears" of the triggerguard. The only thing I've seen or broke myself on a AR lower is the triggerguard ears because they are so thin and unsupported. Once you break them the rifle wont have a triggerguard. Oly will replace their lowers with a same numbered lower for $100, dunno about Mega though. HTH
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I got punches and stuff, parts too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, go spend a dime or two at Da_Bunnys table so he will quit whining!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Figured I'd atleast give it one more try, 18 minutes of hitting the punch on the head with a hammer, and it came out. FINALLY.
Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top