Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2009 3:54:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2009 3:56:16 AM EST by IcemanLB]
I'm looking to visit my sis in PSU and want to take her shooting while im there. Im looking for the nearest public range and I have heard that the Scotia range is just that.

However, I cant find any information regarding this range...When is it open? phone number? what are the rules? what do i need to bring along with me? etc..

Please help. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 4:02:19 AM EST
This should help...

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=480&q=161297

Scotia is a great public range. Usual restrictions for a PGC range about number of rounds loaded and rate of fire, but other than that, a very nice range. When are you planning on being there?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:52:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By PizzaBob:
This should help...

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=480&q=161297

Scotia is a great public range. Usual restrictions for a PGC range about number of rounds loaded and rate of fire, but other than that, a very nice range. When are you planning on being there?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

sometime mid november probably on the weekend....is there anything i need to lookout for?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:01:02 AM EST
Nothing to really look out for. It's a nice little range I used to go to when I was at PSU. I guess one caution would be that if you're going when there is a significant amount of snow on the ground, you may need a 4x4 to get down the dirt road that the range is on...at least that was the case a few years ago. They didn't seem to do any winter maintenance on that road.

Other than that, just stop at the club house/RO house before shooting to sign in. Keep in mind the round restircions and have some fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:55:38 AM EST
As stated chech the rules before shooting.

Been awhile but I think you can only load 6 rnds in a pistol & 4 rnds in a rifle.

Double taps, even if the shots are touching, will get you growled at.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:51:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By Mabuz:
Nothing to really look out for. It's a nice little range I used to go to when I was at PSU. I guess one caution would be that if you're going when there is a significant amount of snow on the ground, you may need a 4x4 to get down the dirt road that the range is on...at least that was the case a few years ago. They didn't seem to do any winter maintenance on that road.

Other than that, just stop at the club house/RO house before shooting to sign in. Keep in mind the round restircions and have some fun.

what do i need to bring with me? stapler? targets? etc.

what is all this stuff i hear about the auxiliary range?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:45:57 AM EST

Yes, those, but they have target stands/boards for the rifle range and permanent stands for the handgun range. Auxiliary range is basically a field where some people shoot hand-thrown trap.

Since you are going in mid-Nov, be aware that PA's white tail season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. The closer you are to that, the busier the range will be. I believe also that the range is closed during deer season - at least it used to be that way.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:32:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By PizzaBob:

Yes, those, but they have target stands/boards for the rifle range and permanent stands for the handgun range. Auxiliary range is basically a field where some people shoot hand-thrown trap.

Since you are going in mid-Nov, be aware that PA's white tail season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. The closer you are to that, the busier the range will be. I believe also that the range is closed during deer season - at least it used to be that way.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the info...is there any phone number for the range?
Top Top