Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 5:24:28 AM EST
Anyone have the results? I really should have kept the 27.25 second time I ran when the timer malfunctioned, but I though you guys might get pissed.

Anyway, GREAT SHOOT. Suggestions/observations for next time, FWIW:

1) start the COF at 9 or 10 and run through once for say an hour. THen open the side range, eat lunch, shoot the "games" and then reopen the COF for the rest of those that want to shoot and those that what to run it again.

2) Loved the COF. It had a good feel to it. More of the same/similar construction would be great. I'd be up for a "build day" to work on the COF and such.

Loved the shoot. It was well attened and I saw LOTS of AR15.com members. I don't know about how anyone else feels, but I like the idea of MODCC name tapes and I also got a tape with my username on it.

ymmv.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:07:40 AM EST
I'm sure the intention was to run the COF early like we did last time. However, the mud kind of kept that from happening. I'm not sure if you went out to the COF at 9 or 10, but I was there helping put in targets. There was no way we were going to be able to run it. I wanted to, and I know Metalman wanted to, it would have been a blast, but would have been somewhat less safe. Just walking around I had an extra 3 pounds of mud on each shoe. Metalman said he'd post the scores, I think it was going to be tonight when he got home though, but I'm not certain.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:33:45 AM EST
I was there as well. I understand that this time the mud was a problem. Things do come up. The suggestion was aimed at the discussion we had over that last month about what to do to improve the course and event. I still think that we should work toward getting the COF up and running ASAP. We can all sit around and shoot the shit afterwards (and run the COF another time if time permits) but the group is getting large enough that I think we need to try harder every month to get the COF off and going as close to 9 or 10 am as possible.

The best news this shoot was the great help in getting everything set up. That seems to go very well and I know that I enjoyed getiing that extra several pounds of mud on teh boots whiel pasting and the like. Mud just comes with the territory until and unless someone wants to donate a bunch of gravel to line the range. we are a work in progress and things are looking better every shoot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:23:00 AM EST
I'd also like to see some sort of name tags, cmmg shirts w/ our names, AR15.com shirts w/names, etc. It would help alot.

scottMO
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:36:17 AM EST
+1 on the above idea. Would help break the ice for us noobs too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:48:20 AM EST

I'd also like to see some sort of name tags, cmmg shirts w/ our names, AR15.com shirts w/names, etc. It would help alot.

scottMO

Not a bad idea since I am absolutely terrible with names! Then I wouldn't have to try to remember screen names and "real" names.

Jeff, if they had let you keep your original time you wouldn't need a name tape. No one would have ever forgotten your name! Hey if you go down for a build day, keep me posted maybe would could split fuel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:49:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 11:56:10 AM EST by Miranthis]
I got orange on black MODCC and my user name (Miranthis) done up by 1800nametapes.com for pretty cheap. I also saw some guys with desert and the like. Nobody replied when I asked a few months ago about a "standard" color scheme so I got what I though looked good sewn to my camel back. Shirts would be a good idea as well. Actually, something as simply as a card in an ID neck hanger would be good enough for most shoots.

Anyway, it was greet to meet and great everone again.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:51:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By Officer960:
[Jeff, if they had let you keep your original time you wouldn't need a name tape. No one would have ever forgotten your name!

I was afraid of that, actually.

Anyway, i think i did OK although I must work on my mag changes...desperately....

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:42:11 PM EST

Anyway, i think i did OK although I must work on my mag changes...desperately....

New - Back - Off - On - Forward!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:59:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 4:20:40 PM EST by METALMAN]
I am for all the idas above: Miranthis you can put me down for one METALMAN tape. How much do I owe you? Can it be bigger? I'de like to have one that stuck to the velcro on the back of my tac-vest.

So anyway, I wasn't there for Miranthis's run so I don't know the whole story behind the run, BUT, being at the COF at 9am gives us time to iron out those things!!

Anyway, all the above ideas rock!! And should become law!!!

Here are the scores!! If I get your name wrong, go back to school and lewarn to wrote gooder!!All times are adjusted

1. Mark Dunstaw - 30.41
2. scottmo - 40.20 (clean run)
3. Chris Newby - 45.23
4. thebeekeeper1 - 46.49
5. Steph Overstreet - 47.22 (second run)
6. AFSOC - 48.29
7. Ken Flood - 48.67
9. Ryan Tiwerman - 52.80
8. double8 - 51.56, no time on the 1919 run....but lots o' hostages HAHAH!a
10. officer960 - 54.65
11. Mark Wells - 58.90
12. Brett M. - 60.13
13. Miranthis - 61.80
14. mousegun87 - 62.79
15. gruntled - 63.37
16. Jeff Overstreet - 66.59 (hostages smostages!!)
17. shamusmcoi - 66.78
18. metalman - 69.57
19.fanoftheblackrifle - 70.88
20. Bryan Newberry - 71.13 (clean run)
21. hkocher - 71.58
22. Steph Overstreet (with a happyface by the name) - 73.90 (first run)
23. shi huang di - 78.67
24. Eric Kreuger - 80.22
25. rsteinb - 81.60
26. Wesley Coleman - 81.74 (clean run)
27. aeroe - 87.44
28.spudgunner - 88.11
29. Sean Landwehr - 90.67
30. duke nukem - 96.91 (clean run)
31. Matt Geders - 104.68
32. bluenoteexpress - 122.09
33. liveforfunjim - (? Jim did you not run?)

Awards for style and grace go to:

1. double8's little girl for her control and safety!!!
2. Steph Overstreet for giggling after each burst of the SAW!!!

Awards for "DAMN I WANTED TO DO THAT!!!" go to:

1. double8 killing the COF with the 1919
2. The gentleman who ran the course with the SAW

Awards for 'Most hostages down' go to:

ITS A TIE!!!!

Yes our very own Jeff overstreet and Double8 decided that 3 hostages were worth the lead!!!

I want to thank Jeff and John again for the GREAT time!!! This was the start to some shoots that we can really be proud of.
Weather did delay the COF, but 9am should now be our golden start time!!!!!!
Thanks again for everyones help with safety and general range maintenance, I hope the Overstreets are happy with how we arrived and left their kick ass ranges!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:33:59 PM EST
The Messed up time on Miranthis was when I said shooter ready...it beeped (but I think I did not wait until it read zero) and he started and no shots were counting off! So I hit it again to restart it like 5 to 10 seconds later. I am really sorry because it was a hell of a run.

Also D8 with the AR/.22 upper run, and only every 5th round was picked up (so I was instructed to "tap" it at the last shot). I gained some experience operating the timer.

If we do not have to tear down, scrape and let the range dry we should strive for the 9AM start time.

Again sorry for the timer problem.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:45:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:47:23 PM EST by BlueNoteExpress]

Originally Posted By METALMAN:

Here are the scores!! If I get your name wrong, go back to school and lewarn to wrote gooder!!All times are adjusted

1. Mark Dunstaw - 30.41
2. scottmo - 40.20 (clean run)
3. Chris Newby - 45.23
4. thebeekeeper1 - 46.49
5. Steph Overstreet - 47.22 (second run)
6. AFSOC - 48.29
7. Ken Flood - 48.67
9. Ryan Tiwerman - 52.80
8. double8 - 51.56, no time on the 1919 run....but lots o' hostages HAHAH!a
10. officer960 - 54.65
11. Mark Wells - 58.90
12. Brett M. - 60.13
13. Miranthis - 61.80
14. mousegun87 - 62.79
15. gruntled - 63.37
16. Jeff Overstreet - 66.59 (hostages smostages!!)
17. shamusmcoi - 66.78
18. metalman - 69.57
19.fanoftheblackrifle - 70.88
21. hkocher - 71.58
22. Steph Overstreet (with a happyface by the name) - 73.90 (first run)
23. shi huang di - 78.67
24. Eric Kreuger - 80.22
25. rsteinb - 81.60
26. Wesley Coleman - 81.74 (clean run)
27. aeroe - 87.44
28.spudgunner - 88.11
29. Sean Landwehr - 90.67
30. duke nukem - 96.91 (clean run)
31. Matt Geders - 104.68
32. bluenoteexpress - 122.09
33. liveforfunjim - (? Jim did you not run?)

Highest time wins, right??? houldn
Oh well, though. I had a blast running the course, and I should do better next time...I hope...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:48:33 PM EST
Well S#IT! I told scottmo last month i would beat him at the cof this month but he is LETHAL with that MP5! Maybe i ought to pick on someone i can beat, if there is anyone HAHA. I'll get you NEXT TIME scott or maybe the next time, or the time after that or.........anyways one of these days your gonna have your mind on something else when you run which will slow you down and hopefully the lord above will be looking out for me that very day and ill get to say I TOLD YOU SO, but untill then please dont rub it in that i lost cause im a sore looser HAHA, EXCELLENT RUN SCOTT!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:25:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 8:21:07 PM EST by AFSOC]
6. AFSOC - 48.29
At least it wasn't too Embarassing.......

A bit rusty but I let all the hostages live!
As well as a couple of Terrorists......
Used to be better than that!

My nephew did an admirable job for his first try at such a course
9. Ryan Thurman - 52.80
Again with no hostages hurt!

Carry on!

Oh and by the way, someone told me that it was rumored that I "sold" Blackhawk gear.
I don't and after my recent purchases I would likely not purchase it again nor recommend it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:04:16 AM EST
well not next shoot I will have to run the cof! I cannot have my slowest time be over taken. Blue note that's a good time for a brand new dry weapon and the first time you ever did this. I still think I have the longest time at one of the shoots for 2 and half minutes. with all hostages killed. remember there not hostages there all part of the evil plan. those scores are WOW! Duke/Metalman what happened guys you usually lead the way. beat buy a girl.....sad day Duke, sad day.. also guys remember John didn't run the course this time I still bet he would have won. next time I will retake last place. ohh yes I shall reclaim my last place standing. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:29:22 AM EST
I didn't take it seriously, I had a brand new AR setup and I wanted to shoot shoot shoot, so I used up nearly three magazines for basically no good reason.

One of these days I'll take it seriously, I promise.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:49:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 3:54:12 AM EST by METALMAN]
rmdye, I still find myself grinning from ear to ear each time I run the COF's and really find it hard to NOT blow the crap outta everything, because this is just for fun for me. Didn't you see me leave one of the 4 mags i thought I was gonna use? I think i only used two, but felt i should bring 4....that should tell you something right? Thats why I thought it was so freakin funny when Steph ran with the SAW giggling the whole way, because I could truly empathize [sp?]!!
Y'know Ken was a little concerned about the scores and timing at the end of the shoot, and thats fine, but this is still JUST for fun right? Thats why I really don't care too much about my runs. I guess I should buckle down and try to really post some significant times, but as soon as it becomes no fun, I'll be back to the grinning blasto-matic that I love so much. Heh heh, I think I was distracted all day too because I wanted soooo bad to see the cool flash signature of my FAL, (which I never did!!! you'd think i would with all the rounds I 'bumped' outta that thing) I think I was looking for it!!! Heh hehe!!!
Anyway, I missed Dukes 'WOLVERINES!!!" battle cry as well...I'm sure it would have helped with his time!!!!!LOL!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:01:02 AM EST
Heck! I just had too much fun all day! Seeing Double8's little daughter shoot the 1919! What a hoot! And the grin on my nephews face when he fired Full auto for the first time! Getting to squeeze off a burst or two out of the HK-51, I even giggled at that!

By the way, I can set up a timer system with what I have that will start a running clock on the display, then uses a switch to stop at the end the switch could be activated with a falling popper perhaps, or a stop plate that way you get a start beep and the final "Stopping Shot" will actually stop the clock, Just uses phone wire to run the switch so that is doable, might make for a more interesting run since the final shot has to be a "Kill" to stop the clock. just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:14:05 AM EST
double8,

Thanks for the kindood words. :) It's hard to beat a low recoil carbine/subgun. I'm sure you had me beat on the "carnage" factor and it's questionable if my bad guys would have lived of off 9mm hits.

It's always tons of fun.

scottMO
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:02:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By Shi_Huang_Di:
The Messed up time on Miranthis was when I said shooter ready...it beeped (but I think I did not wait until it read zero) and he started and no shots were counting off! So I hit it again to restart it like 5 to 10 seconds later. I am really sorry because it was a hell of a run.

Hey, don't sweat it. I had a great time and got to run it TWICE back to back. Now if that mag had held when I inserted it on a closed bolt I would have been OK. THe mistakes int eh second run were mine. (sorry mr./Mrs. hostage)

It was a great time.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:25:47 AM EST
If the hostages had not been in XYZ country they would not have been captured and thus not injured so the fault lies soley with the hostage, they should not have been there!
And they should have gotten down when the shooting started, silly hostages......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:29:12 AM EST
Sweet!
I was hoping that this would get posted sometime.

Makes me happy! First COF and I ran clean. I really wanted to bayonet the close targets, but I was too giddy to even talk smack, what a blast!

Thanks for a good time. It was my first, but I can't wait to go again.

Fezwig
Top Top