Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 7:43:43 PM EDT
Just realized that I haven't gone shooting for six monthshinking.gif.  Finals are over tomorrow though, so hopefully this weekend.  Sorry for the interruption, feel free to carry on with your regularly scheduled banter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You think school sucks, wait till you get a load of Real Life--
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You think school sucks, wait till you get a load of Real Life--

+1000

Enjoy school while you can...  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What grade are you in?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just realized that I haven't gone shooting for six months.  Finals are over tomorrow though, so hopefully this weekend.  Sorry for the interruption, feel free to carry on with your regularly scheduled banter.

I used to think the same thing.  Now that I've been out of college for almost 12 years, those 4 years sure seemed rather idyllic!  Wait until the burden of providing for your family weighs on your shoulders, especially for a SITCOM like me.  (SITCOM = Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage.)

PS - I feel so OLD writing that statement above.  My god, I've become my father!  [Darth Vader]Noooooooooooooooooo[/Darth Vader]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What grade are you in?hr

Junior global political science major.

You guys aren't helping much, I'm starting to get the impression that it just gets worse and worse until you can't take it anymore and fall over and die.  Please tell me I'm wrong...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What grade are you in?

You guys aren't helping much, I'm starting to get the impression that it just gets worse and worse until you can't take it anymore and fall over and die.  Please tell me I'm wrong...

As someone who has been finishing her thesis for a year and a half...  school is stressful, no doubt.

Someday, you will be an old fart like these guys and you will say, in your crotchedy, old voice, "You think you have it tough, you pussy, I've had it so much worse than you, you don't know what you are in for..."  in your own charming way.

We all remember and forget things selectively.

The grass is always greener.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Please tell me I'm wrong...

Would that make you feel better?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm starting to get the impression that it just gets worse and worse until you can't take it anymore and fall over and die.  

Wait until the marriage - fatherhood - divorce cycle

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:19:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I just finished an evening Calculus 1 class. I keep telling myself it's worth the effort because somewhere all this effort must pay off so long as I'm climbing the right ladder.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What grade are you in?

....Liberal..... Arts... Political....Science.... must... not... make.. smart.... ass.... comment....

you can't be that bad, you own a gun and miss shooting.  maybe you can be salvaged after all.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As someone who has been finishing her thesis for a year and a half...  school is stressful, no doubt.

Someday, you will be an old fart like these guys and you will say, in your crotchedy, old voice, "You think you have it tough, you pussy, I've had it so much worse than you, you don't know what you are in for..."  in your own charming way.

hr

Best of luck with your thesis, what grade are YOU in (what's it on)?

This was actually aimed more at expressing how excited I am to finally get to go shooting again rather than on the harsh realites of life, an area where some of you obvioulsy have more experience than I.  You guys are ruthless.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
....Liberal..... Arts... Political....Science.... must... not... make.. smart.... ass.... comment....

you can't be that bad, you own a gun and miss shooting.  maybe you can be salvaged after all.

Hah, not to worry, I've heard them all (or close to all of them) already.  If it's any consolation, this is the last thing in the world I thought I would be doing - I started out in business.  The foreign policy and national security/defense policy stuff is a lot more interesting though, at least to me.

Besides, you guys need someone to offset all these uber-liberal kids rising through the ranks, it truly is scary to witness first-hand.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please remember this is coming from a woman.

What does that have to do with anything that I said?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:55:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:23:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
must... not... make.. smart.... ass.... comment....

like the public school system is just a welfare program for people with liberal arts degrees?

I work between 50 and 60 hours a week.  Yeah, great welfare program.

Maybe you are suggesting we shouldn't have teachers?  Or public school?

I'd love to see the crime rate/poverty levels in your world.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

go back and read that was a "smart assed comment" capisce?

fair enough

ETA: oh, and don't complain about your hours/wages because the obvious reply to that is "change jobs if you don't like it."

I wasn't complaining and I didn't even mention wages.  I have my dream job and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I was just saying that ppl on welfare don't work a job (over the table) for 50 to 60 hours a week.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
must... not... make.. smart.... ass.... comment....

like the public school system is just a welfare program for people with liberal arts degrees?

yeah, just like the militay is a bread line for gun nuts...  

hey paragon, did you get to get to blow off some steam with propellant yet?  six months is a long time, you might have blue balls by now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Plan is for Tuesday, loading mags right now...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/paragon_606/06df8048.jpg

Bad macro cellphone pic, I know.  But its XM193 at least!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top