Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2008 7:35:34 AM EDT
Anybody here hunt at Scattercreek WMA near Paragould. I went out this weekend and drove around in it and it looks pretty good.

Just looking for some feedback on it if possible.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:25:59 PM EDT
A few of us have been known to shoot out there, but I don't know of anyone that hunts there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:44:07 AM EDT
Well at least a reply. I went out there this past weekend to look around and me and my boys wound up taking a couple bags full of trash off the range to throw away.

Sometimes I wonder why we (Shooters) are our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:38:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bkssniper:
Well at least a reply. I went out there this past weekend to look around and me and my boys wound up taking a couple bags full of trash off the range to throw away.

Usually it ain't that bad up there.  It wasn't perfect, but I was impressed. Good on you though for helping out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:32:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bkssniper:

I shot up there last weekend for the first time, it is a nice range to be free of charge.

I do agree that folks leave to much trash there.  I did in fact carry the majority of my brass and some that wasnt mine home to throw away.

I didnt see any trash cans or dumpsters out there though.  They could use a couple.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:01:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By m4geek:
I didnt see any trash cans or dumpsters out there though.  They could use a couple.

If folks would take everything with them that they bring with them there would be no need for trash cans. Besides, who is going to empty them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:38:50 AM EDT
Besides, who is going to empty them?

There's a crew that comes out occasionally to mow the grass and such.  I don't know if they're employed by the AGFC, but they were wearing the logo last time we were there.  A couple of trash cans couldn't hurt, and might keep the brass separate from the general litter than ends up on the firing line.  I'd rather dump a trash can into a trash bag and take that with me to throw away.  The alternative is spending all afternoon picking it up off the ground.

jm
Top Top