Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2008 7:35:34 AM EDT
Anybody here hunt at Scattercreek WMA near Paragould. I went out this weekend and drove around in it and it looks pretty good.

Just looking for some feedback on it if possible.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A few of us have been known to shoot out there, but I don't know of anyone that hunts there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Well at least a reply. I went out there this past weekend to look around and me and my boys wound up taking a couple bags full of trash off the range to throw away.

Sometimes I wonder why we (Shooters) are our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well at least a reply. I went out there this past weekend to look around and me and my boys wound up taking a couple bags full of trash off the range to throw away.

Usually it ain't that bad up there.  It wasn't perfect, but I was impressed. Good on you though for helping out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I shot up there last weekend for the first time, it is a nice range to be free of charge.

I do agree that folks leave to much trash there.  I did in fact carry the majority of my brass and some that wasnt mine home to throw away.

I didnt see any trash cans or dumpsters out there though.  They could use a couple.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didnt see any trash cans or dumpsters out there though.  They could use a couple.

If folks would take everything with them that they bring with them there would be no need for trash cans. Besides, who is going to empty them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Besides, who is going to empty them?

There's a crew that comes out occasionally to mow the grass and such.  I don't know if they're employed by the AGFC, but they were wearing the logo last time we were there.  A couple of trash cans couldn't hurt, and might keep the brass separate from the general litter than ends up on the firing line.  I'd rather dump a trash can into a trash bag and take that with me to throw away.  The alternative is spending all afternoon picking it up off the ground.

jm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top