Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:44:06 PM EDT
Hi guys,

With the pending sbr laws in iowa, i was looking to get a sbr built and run on a pistol lower until i get the stamp back(i realize its not even a law yet)

Question is, and it may be dumb,  but can i just take a stripped lower i have laying around,  build it up with a pistol buffer set up, and im good to go with having a sb upper?  I dont need to do anything elses?  Dont need to somehow designate it a "pistol"?

Then when i start the paper work, i can send the lower off to be engraved, and once back continue to use it in pistol form until the stamp comes back?  If thats the case, ill build 2 pistol lowers so i have one to keep around while the other is off getting engraved.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
yep just need a pistol buffer tube to have a short upper
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yep just need a pistol buffer tube to have a short upper
View Quote
Really, don't even need a pistol tube. just don't put a stock on whatever tube you install-you can tie some string around the tube so a stock won't fit on as well.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top