Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:44:06 PM EDT
Hi guys,

With the pending sbr laws in iowa, i was looking to get a sbr built and run on a pistol lower until i get the stamp back(i realize its not even a law yet)

Question is, and it may be dumb, but can i just take a stripped lower i have laying around, build it up with a pistol buffer set up, and im good to go with having a sb upper? I dont need to do anything elses? Dont need to somehow designate it a "pistol"?

Then when i start the paper work, i can send the lower off to be engraved, and once back continue to use it in pistol form until the stamp comes back? If thats the case, ill build 2 pistol lowers so i have one to keep around while the other is off getting engraved.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:29:05 PM EDT
yep just need a pistol buffer tube to have a short upper
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:57:11 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bhouse1545:
yep just need a pistol buffer tube to have a short upper
View Quote
Really, don't even need a pistol tube. just don't put a stock on whatever tube you install-you can tie some string around the tube so a stock won't fit on as well.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top